Aug 10, 2019
Brantford, ON
VetteCoins
Car
19 C7 2LT
Province
ON
Just extended my 2019 base warranty with a 4 year "GM Protection Plan". The forms also offered a "Maintenance Plan". When I asked what this Maintenance Plan includes, the response was "the maintenance plan which covers oil changes, tire rotations, vehicle inspections, cabin, engine and seat filters, brake/clutch hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid, spark plugs, transfer case fluid and draining, flushing and filling of the engine cooling system" and "includes part and labour". What do you people think; good investment?

After my LT1 randomly popped and left me stranded on the #1 hwy ( lifter failure), I'm a BIG FAN of extended warranties and wont touch another vette without it. Also looks good for re sale.

Last edited:
Negotiations seems to be non existing I found. In my case, the GM Protection Plan extends the base warranty by 4 years (thus 7 years from car purchase date) for around $3K plus tax. The Maintenance Plan, also for 4 years is on top of the base plan for an additional $2K plus tax. That is abt $500 per year; cost of couple oil changes perhaps? Considering it but haven't done so.

Negotiations seems to be non existing I found. In my case, the GM Protection Plan extends the base warranty by 4 years (thus 7 years from car purchase date) for around $3K plus tax. The Maintenance Plan, also for 4 years is on top of the base plan for an additional $2K plus tax. That is abt $500 per year; cost of couple oil changes perhaps? Considering it but haven't done so.
Just curious, what did you end up doing?

Extended warranty is the only thing worth it to ease your mind off the AFM blowing up the engine. Maintenance plan isn't really worth it, filters are cheap and oil change is like 285 with high quality oil, cheaper if you do it yourself.

You can get away with not getting extended warranty either and just buy the Range Technology AFM disabler device for 300 dollars and have the car never operate the AFM.

I considered extended warranty 7 years ago when I purchased my C7 and decided not to buy the plan. Today my Vette has never had any problems and has never been back to the dealer for any issue. I buy my GM recommended Mobil 1 whenever it comes on sale and when I want an oil change, I take it and my Vette to my dealer where they supply the filter, do the maintenance once over check and charge me $45.00 each time.
(I trust my dealer and for $45 it's not worth my time getting my hands dirty)
My Vette is thankfully an M7 so I don't have to worry about the AFM as I have never used it (I seldom even use 7th gear), but if I had an automatic, I would invest in the AFM disabler.

Just curious, what did you end up doing?
Ended up buying the Chevrolet Protection Plan but not the Maintenance Plan. At least the PP is transferable to new owner if the C7 is sold before the PP expiry date, perhaps some more benefit. The MP is controlled by a timetable schedule on when one can do what. Not really any advantage over routine maintenance.

Reactions: Corey
👎🏻 No … not for me 💸

Basically a third-party insurance policy that is specific to only one VIN and those few who have used it, love it. The many who have never used it after buying it, the dealer and underwriter love it. For those who have bought so many new cars over 30 years, they just paid for a chevy trax with the extra funds they did not spend.
Now … if an annual renewable “policy” “protection plan” “whatever money-grab plan” was available to blanket all new GM cars one owns for their first seven years, It might get my attention for reading the small print.

If I needed peace-of-mind … I’d just buy it and get some sleep. 🙂👍🏻

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.