Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
The debate will rage on as to what needs to be done for COVID-19 response. But one thing is certain, if our factories world wide are shut down, the collateral damage to the global economy will be worse the the mortality rate with the illness. I have read that the auto sector will be restarting in North America in April. The sands are always shifting with this but, if this holds, we could see some light on C8 delivery startup. Now we need to hope suppliers can keep up with parts demand.

April 30th..complete joke ..one might want to reflect on comments like "collateral damage to the global economy will be worse than the mortality rate with the illness" Trump might think that..the planet does not.
Depends what information you want to look at. The planet very much is aware of the economic models that will unfold based on various scenarios of GDP reduction. Here is a link that is fairly objective and actually leaning to optimism. This is how much the coronavirus will cost the world's economy, according to the UN The shutdown in the US cannot continue much longer. I give it 2-3 weeks then workers will start to go back. We will see what unfolds but governments cannot keep printing bail out money.

Reactions: WE XLR8
The debate will rage on as to what needs to be done for COVID-19 response. But one thing is certain, if our factories world wide are shut down, the collateral damage to the global economy will be worse the the mortality rate with the illness. I have read that the auto sector will be restarting in North America in April. The sands are always shifting with this but, if this holds, we could see some light on C8 delivery startup. Now we need to hope suppliers can keep up with parts demand.
Once there were the big three giants that dominated the worlds auto industries: General Motors leading the pack with Ford snapping at the heals and Chrysler bringing up the rear. An all-out American onslaught of global proportions that lasted for almost 100 years. Oil (black gold) has replaced the gold bullion that for centuries was the foundation of commerce: as the price of oil per barrel falling to an unpresidential low of $20 and possible to a $1 per barrel. GM announced that they will be cutting salaried pay; recovering from the strike and now a pandemic shut down of all plants has led to GM being cash strapped. The mighty three companies are all struggling with cash flow; who will emerge from this meltdown and rise from the ashes of corona-19 as the proverbial phoenix. Will, there be a GM, Ford or Chrysler??

Depends what information you want to look at. The planet very much is aware of the economic models that will unfold based on various scenarios of GDP reduction. Here is a link that is fairly objective and actually leaning to optimism. This is how much the coronavirus will cost the world's economy, according to the UN The shutdown in the US cannot continue much longer. I give it 2-3 weeks then workers will start to go back. We will see what unfolds but governments cannot keep printing bail out money.
Beware of history repeating its self. Have we not learned from Germany when that nation just printed money just for the sake of printing money to escape their economical depression caused by sanctions after world ww1. The coronavirus is a worldly sanction that money alone cannot solve by itself. America printing money will lead them down the same path that Germany took.

There is a point when managed risks will have to be taken. Unless of course we are all really interested in bread lines.
Once upon a time in a country far away stood a giant made of steel. This giant was so big that people said "there is nothing bigger than American steel" Sadly to say the giant is no longer with us, as jack or I should say Korean steel toppled the mighty beast causing panic among the people; bread lines emerged as the mighty steel giant could no longer feed the people who create it. Beware, my fellow, humans we are all one step away from a bread line.

What a shitty path of discussion for this topic .... jmo .....

I'd rather put up with people selfishly hopeful for their c8 delivery
versus bursting the bubbles of business (which is completely being realized)

... when this passes, there will be no need for
just delivery companies without goods to be purchased ...
not even administrative positions without activity to administer.

so just a shitty path of discussion for this topic .... jmo .....

Last edited:
Governor of California this morning

There is opportunity for reimagining a progressive era as it pertains to capitalism,” Gov. Newsom said. “So yes, absolutely we see this as an opportunity to reshape the way we do business and how we govern.”

Never let a crisis go to waste. Be vigilant my friends, be vigilant.

Looks like Ford is going to delay now. Just a day after the above article. I suspect GM will follow soon.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann

Tell me how you really feel?

I still want my car. Hope this helps lol...

Reactions: YFCvii
Might not matter when they start up Trump might ask GM to stop shipping Corvettes to Canada and keep them all for the USA, did he really think that 3M was going to do that, Trudeau response free trade goes both ways lets see you put gas in those Corvettes
Ah no ... leave what little thats left of our economy out of it. Threaten them with something made in Ontario instead ... JMO

Ah no ... leave what little thats left of our economy out of it. Threaten them with something made in Ontario instead ... JMO

No Equinoxes for the USA (assembled in Ingersol)?

No Honda Civics (Alliston)?

No SILVERADO CHASSIS (St. Thomas) !?

I think that's legitimate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread