CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Anyone deal with these guys? I believe Tony knows them but I've not had anything to do with them.
They have a sale on clear tops for our C6's ($1099) and I'm very tempted tho a little doubtful about duties, shipping and brokerage on things from the US.

UPS is the carrier too. Their charges can be way out there too.

Merry Christmas everyone,
C.

I have bought lot's of stuff from Gene and or Patrick at GM Partshouse, but have got it all shipped to a US Address and picked it up, and only paid HST when crossing the border to Canada.
Some parts are 50% cheaper than the dealers around my area.
ie: Water Pump for LS2 at local dealer = $500.00 + 13%tax
At GM Parts House $250.00 + 13% Canadian Tax

I have bought lot's of stuff from Gene and or Patrick at GM Partshouse, but have got it all shipped to a US Address and picked it up, and only paid HST when crossing the border to Canada.
Some parts are 50% cheaper than the dealers around my area.
ie: Water Pump for LS2 at local dealer = $500.00 + 13%tax
At GM Parts House $250.00 + 13% Canadian Tax

I hear of many who do that but have not myself. It sure looks worthwhile tho. and the border for me is only 1.5 hrs away (Buffalo).

Cheers,
C.

I smell road trip!:D

I too have heard good things about Gene. And as the consensus goes, stay as far away from UPS as possible. However, it would be nice if anyone can confirm this but I heard if you ship stuff over the boarder by air that UPS waives the brokerage fee???? Anyone ever hear of this?

I've used Gene for a few items. Very fair pricing & Great service and inventory levels. always has what I need.

As Far as UPS goes I stay away. Been burned before.

I use USPS or CBI Warehouse in Niagara Falls New York. CBI USA | US Mailbox Rental & US Shipping Address Services
CBI has two levels of charges. you can buy a yearly membership for $99.00 or pay a $6.00 fee per shipment. I Pay the $6.00 fee. Excellent service also!!

I have found that if my shipment is under $200.00 the Customs person just waves me on through without sending me in to pay the 13%. I'm always honest with them and have my bill of sale ready for them to see.

I always tell the Customs agent entering the U.S.A. where I am going and why.

Great way to increase your Mod Dollars.:canada:

Sounds good Mark, and to all for commenting.

GM PartsHouse (and Gene) sounds like a standup company to deal with, and shipping to a CBI in Buffalo looks cool and only a few blocks from the Rainbow Bridge.

Easy-Peasy.......and a great way to save $$$$$.

C.

Colin,
have dealt with the company, but didn't buy anything.
When I had the convert. with Manny's help, got tyres from California,
shipped by FedEx, and no problems at all. Delivered right to Manny's door.
Whatever duty there was was picked up by FedEx.[included in the cost of shipping ?]
Tony

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.