That sounds realistic ☝️
Yeah. I am first on list, I believe at Carter here to order the C8 - gave $500.00 deposit a while ago. I am 70 this Jan.; so, not sure whether I will pull the trigger or not. Still very active and healthy - touch wood - so, what the hell - only live once - and the cash is sitting there.

Yeah. I am first on list, I believe at Carter here to order the C8 - gave $500.00 deposit a while ago. I am 70 this Jan.; so, not sure whether I will pull the trigger or not. Still very active and healthy - touch wood - so, what the hell - only live once - and the cash is sitting there.
Once you get it JCWP I'm gonna have to check it out!! Sounds like a show stopper at Carbs and Coffee....😎

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I will be waiting until at least the 3rd year of C8 production for "stable consideration" (in every aspect of the meaning of the quote)
… it's just what I do ...
I will enjoy the C8 coming to retail floors and am fascinated by all the electronic gizmos that are being planned/rumoured …

GM better respect North America with the C8 Debut as the overseas C7-ZR1 Debut was insulting to say the least
and I just lucked out getting a rather unique ZR1 Debut Opportunity in Pahrump.

Last edited:
I said before although excited to see the car and fully open to driving it; I will be waiting for the higher performance models in the 2nd and 3rd year. Plus they will be pretty much debugged by then.
But 500 plus HP in the base model is pretty impressive too. The weight of the car may offset this somewhat but the traction will be something new for us to enjoy and compensate with a far better launch. So add that to the new improved interior and tech... it may be hard to wait. I expect this car to give a C7 Z06 a wake up call.
However as we can expect to see dealerships gouging to the limit like in 14 and 15, the usual limited amount of cars coming to Canada will make it easier for me to sit back.
I hope all you with deposits down get your cars... and for not one nickel over MSRP. 👍

I will be waiting until at least the 3rd year of C8 production for "stable consideration" (in every aspect of the meaning of the quote)
I will enjoy the C8 coming to retail floors and am fascinated by all the electronic gizmos that are being planned/rumoured …

GM better respect North America with the C8 Debut as the overseas C7-ZR1 Debut was insulting to say the least
I still can't believe they did that with the ZR1.... The largest market in the world for the Vette is the good ol' US of A, it's known as "America's Sports Car", and it's built in Bowling Green Kentucky, yet the "powers that be" decided to launch the car in the Middle East. I honestly can't think of a worse idea....who comes up with this stuff? I hope they aren't involved in the development of the C8's electrical system....lol.

A poll elsewhere of informed Corvette folks concluded that with 500 HP and the DCT, the average 0-to-60 projected time was 3.35 seconds.

I actually thought that it would be a bit better than that but ok. 3.35 is nothing to sneeze at but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up in the high 2s.

Yeah, but you are a few years younger than me - LOL.

I also heard this summer the C8 will make it's debut. I am assuming the basic will be around the 500 h/p range which will be ample for me. If the price range is slightly over the C7 it certainly will hurt the C7 sales quite a bit, but if looking for a 2019 C7 may be a big price drop at the dealers for them by the end of the year? As usual I am sure the dealerships will want lots over the MSRP knowing many will want the first C8's in production. I would rather wait till 2nd year of production as improvements can be made and bugs worked out. Long awaited and hope it will be everything Vette lovers want.

I also heard this summer the C8 will make it's debut. I am assuming the basic will be around the 500 h/p range which will be ample for me. If the price range is slightly over the C7 it certainly will hurt the C7 sales quite a bit, but if looking for a 2019 C7 may be a big price drop at the dealers for them by the end of the year? As usual I am sure the dealerships will want lots over the MSRP knowing many will want the first C8's in production. I would rather wait till 2nd year of production as improvements can be made and bugs worked out. Long awaited and hope it will be everything Vette lovers want.

I agree. And not only improvements, but more models as well. I've seen a lot of the speculatory articles written. Especially the one outlining the GS and GT as upcoming models. Even with the validity of those articles in doubt, the one thing history tells us is that the longer you wait, the more features/options/models you have to choose from. And in general, the more kinks that have been worked out.

Gotta love a good slap...
slap.gif

Ahh, the C9. Which of course, we all know will be hybrid, electric or completely autonomous.
Wondering if I should change my Will yet for my Executor to purchase the EV autonomous C9, put me in it 😳 and then perpetually drive forever 😁with a hopeful optional solar power regenerating option. I hope I won’t need Onstar ... Thank God. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Zora
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread