Jan 20, 2018
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06 (Z07)
This CAI has been around for a while now--curious on revisiting any feedback from the forum from those that have it installed?
I've read power increase is minor which is to be expected on a stock non-tune box and not something I care about anyways. Any impact on sound, throttle response or other observations? It 'aint cheap..

It's 11hp on a C7 Z06, 17hp on a ZR1 and 0hp on a Stingray, Grand Sport although you get 30% less restrictive flow rate according to official GM literature:

I have this intake on my car along with the Weapon X intake tube. I think it's stupid to add this intake but have the air go through the stock air tube with all the baffles and resonators on there so on my car stock airbox with tube is put away, Jake and Weapon X gets to party in my engine comp. I believe they work well together. My car is totally stock engine except for those parts and an AWE X pipe dynoed at RRG last May and makes 724/660 @ the wheels SAE so it's doing something good on my car.

I purchased mine used.......at the right place at the right time a member on the other forum was selling both parts (Weapon X tube was brand new) with a "slightly" used Burger Motorsports air filter and basically got all of it for less or close to the selling price of the Jake airbox new. Beavis and Butthead voiceover............."SCORE".

Last edited:
It's 11hp on a C7 Z06, 17hp on a ZR1 and 0hp on a Stingray although you get 30% less restrictive flow rate according to official GM literature:

I have this intake on my car along with the Weapon X intake tube. I think it's stupid to add this intake but have the air go through the stock air tube with all the baffles and resonators on there so on my car stock airbox with tube is put away, Jake and Weapon X gets to party in my engine comp. I believe they work well together. My car is totally stock engine except for those parts and an AWE X pipe dynoed at RRG last May and makes 724/660 @ the wheels SAE so it's doing something good on my car.

I purchased mine used.......at the right place at the right time a member on the other forum was selling both parts (Weapon X tube was brand new) with a "slightly" used Burger Motorsports air filter and basically got all of it for less or close to the selling price of the Jake airbox new. Beavis and Butthead voiceover............."SCORE".

Beautiful car! Did the car throw a code? Is it tuned?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread