Wow just what we need. Maybe there will oxygen tanks in there too and a “help I’ve fallen” button beside the Onstar one.
Heavy plastic doors?
Guess nobody who works there at GM has ever opened or pulled closed a door on a 66 2 door caprice or impala. 😂

Lord give me strength...

I’m sure this urgently needed feature will not effect pricing. SMH

If this patent comes to fruition, it does need to be a stand alone option. It might be a good single option for those with a torn rotator cuff, severe elbow arthritis, and similar.

Also, lots of the time a patent is applied for to secure that item from being later competitor developed, e.g., “a defensive patent” as it is called in the trade.

Other times, a patent, and this one is still in the application phase, not “granted,” is an idea that when further fully engineered and price evaluated, is let lapse by the applicant.

Yeah. I'm not big on the power swinging door. Corvette commonly gets a label as the geriatric group sports car as it is. Hopefully it is a made to order option, available to those with a physical handicap or chronic injury. But I do understand the patent protection theory as power doors are likely something that will be standard in every vehicle someday.

"Computer. Set course for Safeway. Warp 2....... Engage".

Reactions: ddgermann and Zora
We are hearing the car, to avoid the lower edge of the door hitting raised concrete curbs in places, has “swan doors,” that go upwards as they go outwards. Of course such a motion adds the need for additional force to open them. Please however, GM, make this a standalone option.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Seems a gas cylinder assist thingy like on hoods, trunks and tailgates could do the same thing?
Must be more to the design than I’m catching here.

Like the low curb avoidance idea for the doors though. 👍
Let’s see what they have up their sleeve. (Rubbing hands together).

Great more weight.... I'm very curious to see how much this car weighs. A 400lb increase from C6 to C7 Z06.... C6=505hp C7=650 so 145 hp increase but 400lb weight increase. Suddenly 650hp doesn't mean so much. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the creature comforts of my 3LZ Z06/07, but I'm all about power to weight ratio. A few years ago my buddy and I went out to the weigh scales outside town and he put his MY 2000 Viper GTS on and then I put my MY 2013 Viper GTS on. Mine is fully loaded with the latest tech etc. and weighed something like 66lbs less than his!!! 13 years later!!!....SRT got this right....Chevy take note. I don't want to drive a 4000lb pig. If I wanted that I'd buy a Dodge....

Horsepower to weight ratio is certainly important... to a point. I will be watching to see the RWHP ratio comparisons. Logic would dictate that rear wheel HP per pound should be the more meaningful comparisons with any vehicle. The position of the engine alone should equal a more efficient transfer of HP to the rear wheels. Will the DCT make a difference as well? Better? Worse? Lets get the C8 on a dyno and see how much of the engine HP makes it to the wheels. A last alternative would be to only drive the C8 downhill and let the gravitational pull improve your performance. :Biggrin:

The combination of the motor, diff and transaxle centered over the rear wheels (or a little in front of them), will translate TQ into acceleration, a major improvement over the C7 in anything less than hot weather/hot tire conditions. The DCT will reduce acceleration times quite a bit also. It is possible that the 0-60 acceleration of the roughly 500 HP entry ME will be the same 3.2 seconds as the 650 HP/650T C7 Z06 7M.

Reactions: flyboy999
Horsepower to weight ratio is certainly important... to a point. I will be watching to see the RWHP ratio comparisons. Logic would dictate that rear wheel HP per pound should be the more meaningful comparisons with any vehicle. The position of the engine alone should equal a more efficient transfer of HP to the rear wheels. Will the DCT make a difference as well? Better? Worse? Lets get the C8 on a dyno and see how much of the engine HP makes it to the wheels. A last alternative would be to only drive the C8 downhill and let the gravitational pull improve your performance. :Biggrin:

Good plan. Will save on towing bills too. 🤔😁

• Wow
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread