Featured Thread

Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Latest is that some shuttered factories maybe re-purposed for this potentially.

"General Motors on Friday announced it will lend its auto factories to support Ventec Life Systems’ production of ventilators in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic. "

Sure whatever.

I wouldn’t count on that helping anyone north of the 49th.
I’m more optimistic about our Canadian industries filling our needs.

like Thornhill medical and O-two in Ontario that are pairing with third party producers and pumping out 10,000 ventilators:

I don’t live in Ontario and I’m not exactly a fan of Doug Ford, but he got it right as far as I’m concerned:

“"I’m not going to rely on President Trump, or any prime minister or president of any other country again.”

The USA has gone really weird over the last 4 years. But it quite aptly illustrates the point that we have become far too reliant on the USA as a single point provider for too many products. We need to rebuild our industries (all of them) and start exporting finished products instead of just raw materials. We also need to start working harder at making trade deals outside of the USA.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m really tired of Canada being USA’s bitch. Time to cut the strings and reduce our dependance on that abusive and exploitative relationship...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.