Dear GM Dealership Team,
We are continuing to build momentum as we head into the second half of the year and have started shipments of several of our high demand and limited production products.
This letter serves as a follow-up to my communication from January of this year, where we reiterated your contractual requirements and our policies on selling new vehicles for resale. When vehicles are quickly resold, particularly by unauthorized dealers or other resellers that do not adhere to GM’s standards, the customer experience suffers and GM’s brands are damaged. As a result, on certain high demand enthusiast products, we are limiting the transferability of certain warranties and barring the seller from placing future sold orders or reservations for certain high demand models (as identified by GM) if the vehicle is resold within the first 12 months of ownership. These changes are being implemented to ensure an exemplary customer experience, to ensure our brands remain strong, and to help prioritize ownership by brand enthusiasts and loyal customers. These changes will not impact product recalls in any way.
Currently, the products impacted by these changes include the following: 23MY Cadillac Escalade-V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and GMC HUMMER EV (SUT and SUV). Certain warranties will not be transferrable if the original owner resells the vehicle within one year of delivery.
In the coming days, you will receive a message from your respective brands that will outline full details of the warranties and the customer acknowledgement requirements to implement this new process. Thank you in advance for continuing to do your part in ensuring our customers have great experiences when purchasing these truly special products.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to your Zone Manager.
Regards,
Steve Carlisle
President GM North America

Dear GM Dealership Team,
We are continuing to build momentum as we head into the second half of the year and have started shipments of several of our high demand and limited production products.
This letter serves as a follow-up to my communication from January of this year, where we reiterated your contractual requirements and our policies on selling new vehicles for resale. When vehicles are quickly resold, particularly by unauthorized dealers or other resellers that do not adhere to GM’s standards, the customer experience suffers and GM’s brands are damaged. As a result, on certain high demand enthusiast products, we are limiting the transferability of certain warranties and barring the seller from placing future sold orders or reservations for certain high demand models (as identified by GM) if the vehicle is resold within the first 12 months of ownership. These changes are being implemented to ensure an exemplary customer experience, to ensure our brands remain strong, and to help prioritize ownership by brand enthusiasts and loyal customers. These changes will not impact product recalls in any way.
Currently, the products impacted by these changes include the following: 23MY Cadillac Escalade-V, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and GMC HUMMER EV (SUT and SUV). Certain warranties will not be transferrable if the original owner resells the vehicle within one year of delivery.
In the coming days, you will receive a message from your respective brands that will outline full details of the warranties and the customer acknowledgement requirements to implement this new process. Thank you in advance for continuing to do your part in ensuring our customers have great experiences when purchasing these truly special products.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to your Zone Manager.
Regards,
Steve Carlisle
President GM North America

Already a lot of Hummers flipped wonder if the new owners will lose their warranty

Reactions: YFCvii
Absolutely Love It !!!
Something GM can implement and hopefully enforce without government interference. Sadly penalizes the resale-buyers the most and not necessarily the vin-registered flippers. Needs much much more to somehow hinder the one-time flipper and any dealership even thinking of MSRP+

JMO

… anyone who manages to “flip” their GMC-Hummer may find that “abuse voids warranty” 😃

Last edited:
there are 3 problems, 1. Not enough cars 2. Bad dealers 3. Flippers.

It is not GM's fault that there is a world crisis going on, and they are building as many as they can. Those cars don't get to the buyers who want them because they are sold to flippers. It is because of flippers not because of dealers who are over charging, that people who want the car can't get one. So dealing with flippers is the most important step and I am happy to hear that GM is doing something about it.

Bad dealers is a separate issue that should be addressed, but there is no reason not to address both issues.

No, folks have been blacklisted in Canada for flipping Stingrays too.
Yeah... I realize that but leaving it out of the non-transferable warranty in this latest blurp makes me wonder if they are backing away from the re-sale ban on the now old news Stingray

Yeah... I realize that but leaving it out of the non-transferable warranty in this latest blurp makes me wonder if they are backing away from the re-sale ban on the now old news Stingray
these changes include the following
Include: comprise or contain as part of a whole.

This is not the first rodeo for lack of corvette allocation. Sure, the launch of Canadian C8 allocation had excuse of global proportion. Now C8’s are rolling off assembly and it continues with only a small percentage crossing into Canada to our Dealerships. Flippers greatly influenced Canadian allocation of an absolutely awesome Corvette in 2019 right down to stopping it to just fulfill the remaining US orders. Those who didn’t give a s**t back then were not even in the market to acquire one and most now are pretty much the same with this list. I wish GM had something like this in place in 2019 as it would likely be a non-topic discussion now other than “the list” of affected vehicles. Something to curb it is due to the actions of a few that affect so many. Good to see that CCF is not allowing a flipper to throw their lure on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: CamsC8 and 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.