Credit to the Corvette Action Center for this "exclusive" new info:

So similar to the 2020MY, orders at 3000 status and up, should be filled. I suspect that's assuming there are no more major delays caused by part supply problems. Anyone not yet at 3000 status with their 2021 order, should consider talking to their dealer and rolling over their order to a 2022...and confirm where you'll be on the 2022 list.

Reactions: Dana
Yeah, I just saw Rick Conti's video on this. Rick Conti - 2021 orders, Anyone else find him a tad annoying?? LOL. Anyway. What am I missing here, like I said on Rick's video, a 1100 status order without an allocation isn't really an order at all... any Chevy dealer can go into workbench and enter a C8 order even knowing full well they will never get an allocation for it. How is that helpful to a customer? Any 1100 status orders without allocations are technically just a "wait list" order, no different from a dealer taking your deposit and placing you on their waitlist. A good dealer, like Bill Spencer (and others on here), will tell you up front when they take your deposit; If they don't have an allocation for you in the current model year, they'll put you on their wait list (and give you a number), and tell you what number you will be for next year. That is being transparent and honest with your clients. So, Rick is getting excited about nothing really. Click bait really. Like @Andrew Spencer told me last month when placing my deposit, there isn't any point in putting wait list customers at 1100 status, for many reasons (changing your mind on options 100 times before your allocation comes up, etc.), and for situations just like this. It's almost as if Andrew and his dealership know what they're doing.... LOL. Go figure.
The second part of his video had an interesting tid bit of info though; About GM going to an ADS type of ordering (Available Day Supply) for C8's sometime in 2022..... more to follow on that I'm sure.

Yeah, I just saw Rick Conti's video on this. Rick Conti - 2021 orders, Anyone else find him a tad annoying?? LOL. Anyway. What am I missing here, like I said on Rick's video, a 1100 status order without an allocation isn't really an order at all... any Chevy dealer can go into workbench and enter a C8 order even knowing full well they will never get an allocation for it. How is that helpful to a customer? Any 1100 status orders without allocations are technically just a "wait list" order, no different from a dealer taking your deposit and placing you on their waitlist. A good dealer, like Bill Spencer (and others on here), will tell you up front when they take your deposit; If they don't have an allocation for you in the current model year, they'll put you on their wait list (and give you a number), and tell you what number you will be for next year. That is being transparent and honest with your clients. So, Rick is getting excited about nothing really. Click bait really. Like @Andrew Spencer told me last month when placing my deposit, there isn't any point in putting wait list customers at 1100 status, for many reasons (changing your mind on options 100 times before your allocation comes up, etc.), and for situations just like this. It's almost as if Andrew and his dealership know what they're doing.... LOL. Go figure.
The second part of his video had an interesting tid bit of info though; About GM going to an ADS type of ordering (Available Day Supply) for C8's sometime in 2022..... more to follow on that I'm sure.
Informative but annoying!!

Good explanation over here:
Pozi. Our legal eagles advise NOT to post direct links to other Corvette forums. You are welcome to copy and paste content with acknowledgment of the original poster but no direct links. Here is a link to our forum rules for a read. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.