Oct 6, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 2LT Z51
Province
ON
Hi,

I just read on another forum that a Canadian C8 owner received the C8 model gift from GM Canada :canada:. Also a member from Chevrolet Canada said they would be sending out the welcome gift to buyers that previously purchased their C8 (See below)

Excerpt from posting:

"Hi Folks! Glad to see your welcome gifts are arriving. We planned from the beginning to ship welcome kits to Canadian customers. Unfortunately we had to manage through some additional logistics on the Canadian side to make it happen, but the effort was well worth it!

All Canadian customers who purchased through a Dealer should be receiving a welcome kit. If you have any questions at all, please reach out to your local Dealership or our Customer Call Centre (1-800-263-3777).

Thank you!"

@Chevrolet Canada Are you going to let us know on here? Nudge Nudge, Wink wink! :)

Once Sebring Orange is finished, I'll suggest up front that Blade Silver should be produced and sent out next...rather than (for example) Torch Red: sorry Murray. ;)

And as a PS to Murray: you expressed interest in buying these; I'll be accepting sealed bids for mine starting at midnight MST tonight and ending midnight MST exactly a week from now; but nothing under 4 figures. LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8
Once Sebring Orange is finished, I'll suggest up front that Blade Silver should be produced and sent out next...rather than (for example) Torch Red: sorry Murray. ;)

And as a PS to Murray: you expressed interest in buying these; I'll be accepting sealed bids for mine starting at midnight MST tonight and ending midnight MST exactly a week from now; but nothing under 4 figures. LOL.
I think they should do the Elkhart Lake Blue next! May as well get us low volume guys out of the way. Then they can do the reds blacks and whites.

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8

4 figures, like $10.00.
Heck, I can buy one of Rruuff Days for $5 Alberta tax included!!

All Canadian customers who purchased through a Dealer should be receiving a welcome kit.
Who is the original source of this announcement?
Any legitimacy to this at all?
Because if true, those would be arriving over a year too late for some.
Some of those buyers no longer even have the car.

I won't believe it till I see it in my hands.

Last word from GM Canada was that NO welcome kits for Canadian buyers, and no dealer brochures either. If they can't give you a piece of paper, why would they then turn around and give you a model or something more substantial?

Is it true, or just wishful thinking?

Any GM insiders that can confirm this?

Last edited:

Last word from GM Canada was that NO welcome kits for Canadian buyers, and no dealer brochures either. If they can't give you a piece of paper, why would they then turn around and give you a model or something more substantial?

Check out the thread, "arrived this morning" you will see photo proof of the buyers on this forum who
have received their Sebring Orange thank you gift.
I believe 4 of us to date.

Reactions: kerry4 and carbuff

Like I asked in this post above. He IS a spokesman for GM Canada. Lets see if he responds. I think he likely made the post on the US Corvette forum, but I also would like conformation from the OP

All Canadian customers who purchased through a Dealer should be receiving a welcome kit.

It’s been confirmed on another forum by GM Canada that all Canadians who purchased a 2020 as well as 2021 C8 will get the gift.

Mine just arrived!!!
20210225_132634.jpg

Reactions: Gilles27 and ABC
Congrats. I just called GM Customer support and they had no details on this program. So I guess we just wait and see. Clearly not working the Canadian List in VIN order. So must be colour batch. Great to see whites! must be moving through the backlog soon!
It also comes with the Ron Fellows C8 driving experience but with Covid that is not going to happen :-(

Reactions: ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.