Nik

Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
We've put a new experimental feature on CCF called Glympse under the News and Events sections.

Direct link: Glympse - Realtime Location Tracking

We will be hosting a Glympse map for participating CCF members.

For the majority of you wondering what Glympse is, well, here's the link: Glympse

Basically it's a little mobile app that allows you to share your location and destination information with anyone for a limited amount of time (up to 4 hours at a time). It's possibly the best app for sharing locations of a large group of people, say if you're meeting up somewhere and want to see at a glance where everyone is and what their ETA is. This app will let you do this.

The app allows you to share location data with any contact privately (even someone who doesn't have the app gets a link to a realtime map) as well as a public group (or tag).

What CCF will be doing is hosting a map that will show anyone who publicly shares their location with the tag/group "!CCF". Please be aware that this is a public group and public map so everyone will be able to see your location during the time you are actively sharing it.

If anyone wants to give this a spin during your next meet, cruise, event etc. feel free to do so.

For those of you still confused I recommend you download the app (it's free) and try it out.

Reactions: Yonex and LSXtasy
We've put a new experimental feature on CCF called Glympse under the News and Events sections.

Direct link: Glympse - Realtime Location Tracking

We will be hosting a Glympse map for participating CCF members.

For the majority of you wondering what Glympse is, well, here's the link: Glympse

Basically it's a little mobile app that allows you to share your location and destination information with anyone for a limited amount of time (up to 4 hours at a time). It's possibly the best app for sharing locations of a large group of people, say if you're meeting up somewhere and want to see at a glance where everyone is and what their ETA is. This app will let you do this.

The app allows you to share location data with any contact privately (even someone who doesn't have the app gets a link to a realtime map) as well as a public group (or tag).

What CCF will be doing is hosting a map that will show anyone who publicly shares their location with the tag/group "!CCF". Please be aware that this is a public group and public map so everyone will be able to see your location during the time you are actively sharing it.

If anyone wants to give this a spin during your next meet, cruise, event etc. feel free to do so.

For those of you still confused I recommend you download the app (it's free) and try it out.
I just downloaded the app. So we'll see how it goes. Great post Nik!! Such an awesome tool to use.

Nik...
This is great..
I see Justin in the map.

I use a similar feature with my family.
We all have iDevices and use the Apple proprietary app called 'find friends'.
We can see each other's whereabouts at all times. I even have a few good friends that we follow.
It operates in a similar manner where both parties have to agree, and it can be turned on/off by either.

Thanx, great idea.
Graham

Reactions: LSXtasy
Favourite with stalkers this one :)

Few things to note. By default it WILL broadcast your speed unless you disable the feature in the app. So you know there's that. :)

Also when your broadcast ends it will leave your last recorded location as expired for a while. You can remove it immediately by going into the app settings, history and somewhere there's an option to delete your last location.

If you guys use this a lot on the same day across the country the map may get busy so I can host separate groups/maps if someone reminds me to do so for a particular event.

Stalk away.

Reactions: LSXtasy

Users who are viewing this thread