Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As some of you may have noticed the little banner, we are very very close to launching our new site Global Vette (www.globalvette.com). We've done some testing with the help of the elite @Moderating crew.

Currently going to that URL will take you straight back here so don't bother until I switch it over.

The new Global Vette site aims to cater to a global audience (obvious naming choice there) and bring in more folks who may have been put off by our Canadian specific designation.

Changes to CCF:
  • A new link to the Global Site (already implemented)
  • Geographically agnostic forums i.e. all forums under the Corvette category (Corvette tech/C1-C7 forums etc) will be shared between the two sites so you may have some folks from abroad posting in there

Changes to Global Vette:

• GV.com will have new continent specific forums i.e. US, Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America
  • GV members will have search and posting access to 'shared' forums
  • GV.com members will be able to visit CCF and post in any CCF specific forums should they chose

Overall it will be a soft launch at first so I'm not expecting a huge influx of new members. We reserve the right to make changes and tweaks as things unfold.

As registered members you gain automatic access to globalvette.com with your existing login credentials and there's nothing special you need to do.

The two sites will look very similar other than a slightly different forum list and potentially a logo change to distinguish the two. Posting in a shared forum like the C7 forum for example in globalvette.com means your post will automagically show up in CCF and vice versa.

Questions/concerns on the back of a postcard and dropped in this thread please.

[HASHTAG]#launchcoming[/HASHTAG]

Last edited: