Featured Thread
It is not totally about the end product but about bonding with your car as you tenderly massage her flowing curves. This is one reason I am not interested in ceramic coatings....I enjoy the waxing experience! I truely never know a new car until I get up close and personal. Gees that sounds a bit perverted ....lol

Reactions: ddgermann
1EDE3983-7CDD-4AD4-BB2F-E486A7F60830.jpeg
Gave her rear end a buff today!

The car looks great! Really nice and shiny!....I wish it was warm enough here to have fun with the cars but we're dippin to -13 during the day and -25 at nights, starting on Thursday...back to one more blast of winter before Spring comes around.

Now for a laugh. I found a place on my Vette displaying C7 flags that I had not noticed before.... Anyone care to take a guess where before I fess up and tell.....And no. You can't see them in either of these pictures but I will post a picture later..... lol....

Before I look at the answer, I'm going to guess that you noticed the "dots" that surrounds the edge of the glass are not dots, but C7 flag silhouettes.....now to edit the post, I'm glad others had that answer too!

Eric, did you strip the old wax off and start new or just add another layer?

Does that synthetic wax come of with the traditional way of using Dawn to wash the car.

Ginger looks pretty darn good. Nice job.:thumbs:

In the headlight lenses. On the top.

I found them last year.

Before I look at the answer, I'm going to guess that you noticed the "dots" that surrounds the edge of the glass are not dots, but C7 flag silhouettes.....now to edit the post, I'm glad others had that answer too!

Sorry guys. Had a fork in my road and was away from the forum for a bit. In answer......

Murray. I don't intentionally strip the wax unless it's clay bar time (which I haven't done to the C7 yet.) If you lovingly and gently run your fingertips over the paint and it feels anything less than glass smooth, you probably need to clay bar which will strip the wax and surface contaminants, and is much more gentle than polish (as long as you use lots of lubricant). My C7 is still glass smooth... no contaminants on the surface yet. I do wash the car with Dawn and I expect it may take some or all the wax off but that isn't my main intent. Wash, dry, wax, buff, and Lucas SlickMist spray detailer in between waxes.

Derek wins.... (although there was no prize)... I thought I had spotted them all but the headlight lense flags surprised me.... That being said, there is pretty close to 575 individual Corvette flags on the C7.

DSCN8176R.jpg

My wife makes quilts. Perhaps she could make me an extra fancy car cover. ;)
That brings back memories of making quilts with my mother back in the sixties. A lot of work there. Maybe she could make one for your bed. That way you could say you went for a ride in the corvette (quilt).
If you are serious about this maybe she could make up a dozen to sell at the MITM for July.- ha-ha. I am sure they would sell. You might also find out which company makes the thread and buy stock to get some money back so to say.
The ones on the Vette cover are pressed in to the fabric

Take care

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread