I'm New Here
Ontario
Jun 19, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
NA
Province
ON
I owned a Corvette when we lived in California & I miss it. Now that I'm retired & back in Ontario I'd like another one but it w/b my only car. is there any way it can be driven during our Canadian winter? I can't find snow tires, etc. to fit. any advice/help w/b appreciated. Thanks. Bill

What part of Ontario are you in? It's doable for the most part. Snow wheels/tires are available. There will be some heavy snow fall days where the ground clearance just simply won't allow you to move forwards, but I'd estimate those around 2-3 days a year.

Thank you very much for responding. We live in Thornbury which is just a bit north of Collingwood. Do you know of a snow wheel/tire supplier I could contact or anyone on this forum who uses their Vette all winter who might be willing to talk to me about it? Much appreciated! Thank, Bill.

Personally I would never consider driving my Vette in winter. Even with winter tires all around. Wide tires, big time power and rear drive are a formula for disaster. I drove rear drives in winter for many years including Mustangs but it's not worth it. Just my opinion of course.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Thank you very much for responding. We live in Thornbury which is just a bit north of Collingwood. Do you know of a snow wheel/tire supplier I could contact or anyone on this forum who uses their Vette all winter who might be willing to talk to me about it? Much appreciated! Thank, Bill.

Bill there are folks that indeed do drive their corvettes in the winter and tires you can install.
Sorry I missed what year and model you are driving.
Most would never do it but that’s just the thing with corvettes or as above any higher powered RWD car.
I have a Hummer so... not really a consideration for me.
So ... ya. Get the tires and hang the hell on man.
There are winter tires for all generations.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Search flyboy999 for winter driving advice.
There were some great pics this past winter.
Here's one:

Thank you very much & "Thank you!" to all of you who have replied....I appreciate it. I have the summer to do more research.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.