CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Had something strange happen to the GS on the way to watch trains with Steamer today:

About half hour into the trip I look down and the DIC says "Service Fuel System" and the gas gauge says 0.......Very strange.

We continued on and turned off onto our exit (hwy 25) and the fuel gauge is back to full. Shortly after the DIC message is gone and all is good again.

No CEL was generated, no misfiring, the car didn't miss a beat -- just the message and the gauge being pegged.:confused:

Bad ground maybe?

Anyone had this happen?

Thanks for any input.

Colin

DTC Codes

Some stuff to read through.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Fuel System Technical Service Bulletins (TSB)

I understand that bad grounds can cause problems. When you are only working with 12 volts it's not hard to have problems. Make sure that the connections at the starter and battery are good and clean. Kopr Kote used sparingly helps make a better connection and helps keep corrosion away too.

Last edited:
Wondering if your sending unit is starting to act up?(many have come across this on another forum). If it is some have resolved the issue by throwing in a bottle of Techron Fuel System cleaner. I actually picked up a bottle when I was in Buffalo about a month ago. Hopefully I will never have to use it. Bought it for a piece of mind just incase if I should ever run into that problem with the gas gauge. Sulphur deposits will build up on the sending unit and the gauge will stick. Try the Techron treatment--easy fix if it doesnt do the trick then you will have to drop the fuel tanks and replace the sending unit...A bit expensive to do... Hopefully the Techron method will work

Last edited:
Wondering if your sending unit is starting to act up?(many have come across this on another forum). If it is some have resolved the issue by throwing in a bottle of Techron Fuel System cleaner. I actually picked up a bottle when I was in Buffalo about a month ago. Hopefully I will never have to use it. Bought it for a piece of mind just incase if I should ever run into that problem with the gas gauge. Sulphur deposits will build up on the sending unit and the gauge will stick. Try the Techron treatment--easy fix if it doesnt do the trick then you will have to drop the fuel tanks and replace the sending unit...A bit expensive to do... Hopefully the Techron method will work

Thanks Peter -- I've been using Techron since the car was new -- supposedly good stuff to keep the fuel system in great shape. I put it in every 5k clicks.

BTW it's available at your local Chev dealer for about $14 a bottle --

If it persists I believe I can lean on warranty provided the s/charger doesn't negate warranty. It shouldn't.

Cheers,
Colin

Very weird Colin. I've heard of this happening with the C5's but never with the C6's. Let us know what you find out. Were you on the throttle at the time? Maybe you just scared the crap out of your car for a second and it lost itself?

hmmm interesting didnt know that it was available here..thanks for the heads up Colin

Bring it to Manny if indeed you have to change the sending units :)...Forget the stealerships, dont know if I would trust those guys ripping apart the back end...

Very weird Colin. I've heard of this happening with the C5's but never with the C6's. Let us know what you find out. Were you on the throttle at the time? Maybe you just scared the crap out of your car for a second and it lost itself?

LOL Riley -- no 'antics' at that time. It just suddenly appeared and as quickly went away .. If it comes back I'll try "scaring the crap out of it" -- :driving:

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread