Featured Thread
Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
Most of us are following the rules of Covid-19 (social distancing, staying home unless necessary, short walks around the block, etc. etc.) .
Spring is here, and it will soon be time to get the cars out of hibernation. I have a feeling that this summer will be like no other that I can remember in any year.
I somehow doubt that we will be going on week road trips as in summers past, likely staying closer to home, and still social distancing of some sort, unless there is a cure found to combat this virus. A vaccine will not be available anytime soon, so that will also be a deterent.

Having said all that, I'm finding time to spend in the garage, going over the C6 from top to bottom, and getting items done that I had put off for a few years.
My list is long, but I have many free hours to work at it. It is now raised on 4 jack stands, wheels removed on all corners, and high enough to easily fit under the car as needed.
Mileage: 167,000 KM's
car_in_garages.jpg

Tasks Completed
1) Changed Rear diff Fluid
2) Replaced the rear axle nuts
3) Engine oil and filter changed
4) Changed out OEM paddle shifters to the new F1 paddles

To Do list
5) Auto transmission fluid and filter change
6) PS fluid change
7) Brake fluid change
8) Coolant change- Silicone hoses still in great condition.
9) Shifter cable bushings change out
10) Nav CD player manual laser lens cleaning
11) Under carriage deep clean- Wheel wells, etc.
11) Interior cleaning
12) Wash and wax
13) Figure 8's to get rear diff fluid mixed into the clutch plates.

We have no snow left on the ground, but it's still cold outside. We need a good downpour to get rid of the salt still lingering on the roads and highways.
Parks, Golf courses, walking trails, etc. are closed, and will likely remain closed until at least June due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Most of us are following the rules of Covid-19 (social distancing, staying home unless necessary, short walks around the block, etc. etc.) .
Spring is here, and it will soon be time to get the cars out of hibernation. I have a feeling that this summer will be like no other that I can remember in any year.
I somehow doubt that we will be going on week road trips as in summers past, likely staying closer to home, and still social distancing of some sort, unless there is a cure found to combat this virus. A vaccine will not be available anytime soon, so that will also be a deterent.

Having said all that, I'm finding time to spend in the garage, going over the C6 from top to bottom, and getting items done that I had put off for a few years.
My list is long, but I have many free hours to work at it. It is now raised on 4 jack stands, wheels removed on all corners, and high enough to easily fit under the car as needed.
Mileage: 167,000 KM's
View attachment 38126
Tasks Completed
1) Changed Rear diff Fluid
2) Replaced the rear axle nuts
3) Engine oil and filter changed
4) Changed out OEM paddle shifters to the new F1 paddles

To Do list
5) Auto transmission fluid and filter change
6) PS fluid change
7) Brake fluid change
8) Coolant change- Silicone hoses still in great condition.
9) Shifter cable bushings change out
10) Nav CD player manual laser lens cleaning
11) Under carriage deep clean- Wheel wells, etc.
11) Interior cleaning
12) Wash and wax
13) Figure 8's to get rear diff fluid mixed into the clutch plates.

We have no snow left on the ground, but it's still cold outside. We need a good downpour to get rid of the salt still lingering on the roads and highways.
Parks, Golf courses, walking trails, etc. are closed, and will likely remain closed until at least June due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
My goodness would you look at that garage.... Fantastic my friend.

Thanks for all the replies. I did get all my list completed prior to the summer run.
Didn't travel much this year, no trips out of province, and stayed close to home.
Golf courses were open in June, so spent a lot of time on the links.
Car was put up for the winter hibernation a few weeks ago, and a few things will get done this time around.
I've removed both door mirrors and had them repainted by the same guy that did my transparent top.
They turned out great.
Besides getting those back on, a few tweaks here and there, but nothing pressing.
It's time to redo my Poker room, and other house projects before the Spring.
Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and a Great New Year.

Reactions: gone and OL Yeller
I like that Corvette Living Room. My Garage is quite rustic by comparison, but its solid and does the job.
The C4 had a good year it got a new battery, a new blower control module, all new weatherstrip, an air conditioner clutch (got lucky on that... the AC quit and I figured I was in for some big bucks as it it would need to be converted to R134.... but just $800), new front brakes, wheel rebalance, distributor cap and rotor. I did most of the work (Not AC or rebalance) and the vette is now as good as ever.
There was no where to go this year, hopefully 2021 opens things up and we'll rack up some kilometers. IT was a good year for garage therapy.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.