The HD-7P has a platform width of 75.5 inches. The drive-through width is 76.5 inches. The width between the columns is 89.75 inches
The C8 is 76.1 inches wide not including the mirrors. With the mirrors folded it will be close to 80 inches wide.
The tires are about 75.7 inches at the widest so the car will barely fit on the platform.
It's possible to drive a C8 on this lift, but it would be a tight fit though. You will only have about 1/2 inch on either side of the tires to clear the lift support structures on either side as you rolled on to the platform.

I have a Bendpak HD9-XL. Great lift. Mine is 110 inches wide x 224 long. I wouldn't want it any narrower than mine with a C7 Grand Sport. The other issue with width is not just for the vehicle going on the lift but any other vehicle you may want to park under the lifted vehicle. If your C8 only has a total of an inch clearance, then I guarantee mothers SUV isn't going either on or under.

I've got a ProKing 8 4-post lift that works well for a C8 Stingray (photo below). It's made by Lift King out of Calgary but they sell through others in Alberta. However I'd recommend dealing directly with them. Their Edmonton dealer came and looked at my garage and said the lift would have to be bolted onto my garage floor, due to its drainage slope. When the Calgary installers dropped by to look at my garage, they said that wasn't necessary. My garage ceiling is 11' high and I wish it was taller. You'll find the lift dimensions on the Lift King website. You'll need to carefully research what will work in your garage, given not only your garage dimensions but also the vehicles that will be parked on/under the lift. Good luck!

Vaughn's 4-post lift.jpg

My garage ceiling is 11' high and I wish it was taller.
11' is the minimum if you want full extension to work under the car and as Thom said that height includes the garage door opener if mounted above.
I had to cut the loft out of my barn to get the height I wanted. The rear of the barn has a 10' height but it isn't high enough if you want to work under a car standing up.
BTW You can buy garage door opener s that operate from the side and not above.

I had to convert my both my garage door openers (I have a door on either end) to side mounted aka "jack shaft" openers. Not cheap at $500+ each, but freed up a lot of space. I also had to convert the garage door tracks to high-lift tracks so the open garage door is up high. My garage is 11.5 feet high, good for two cars stored on the lift but no trucks or SUVs.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
I had to convert my both my garage door openers (I have a door on either end) to side mounted aka "jack shaft" openers. Not cheap at $500+ each, but freed up a lot of space. I also had to convert the garage door tracks to high-lift tracks so the open garage door is up high. My garage is 11.5 feet high, good for two cars stored on the lift but no trucks or SUVs.

I did similar to gain more ceiling height. For side-mounted motors I purchased Liftmaster 8500's which work well but no doubt there are other brands. Lucky you Mach147 having that extra 6"; every inch counts when trying to get more height to work underneath the 4-post lift. Ideally, I'd like a 13' garage ceiling to have oodles of head room and to park higher vehicles on the lift.

Thanks everyone for your input. Definitely game me some things to think about.

Unfortunately my garage space is pretty narrow. Probably the best way to attack this is to have a professional come out and give me some options that will be good for the C8 and the future.

For those of you that went with Lift King. Any regrets?

Each to their own but Bendpak and Lift King are in different leagues. I had a lift king but got rid of it after two years and got my Bendpak. The lock release mechanism on the Lift King is “problematic”. Bendpak uses air locks and in 3 years has been issue free.

My Lift King. Notice the external cables.

AED99C01-A482-4B1F-A1B9-00B5DFB9228E.jpeg

My Bendpak.

03F21E42-4CE6-4369-9BF7-71F17BFFA6B9.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.