Featured Thread

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Ok....Maybe not the garage find you were expecting but for me, it was two treasures that now have a place in my already crowded Vette Cave...lol. Anyhows.... This is a stamped metal Tonka car hauler truck, trailer and the original pair of 1963 SWCs that came with it almost 56 years ago. 18 inches long and looks great in the Vette cave... It and the 1930's Mettoy windup police cycle came from the same sale. I have been watching for both these (and lots more) for several years. Usually they are in terrible shape. Happy finds.

Tonkavette1.jpg
Tonkavette2.jpg

policecycle.jpg

Ok....Maybe not the garage find you were expecting but for me, it was two treasures that now have a place in my already crowded Vette Cave...lol. Anyhows.... This is a stamped metal Tonka car hauler truck, trailer and the original pair of 1963 SWCs that came with it almost 56 years ago. 18 inches long and looks great in the Vette cave... It and the 1930's Mettoy windup police cycle came from the same sale. I have been watching for both these (and lots more) for several years. Usually they are in terrible shape. Happy finds.

View attachment 24012View attachment 24013

View attachment 24014

There’s a guy on Kijiji who has the same truck/car combo for sale every now and then. The only difference is the truck and trailer are white with red stripes. He’s always asked $180.00 firm for it. Not sure if he sold it or not? Haven’t seen it for awhile. Good find Eric.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
The white one with the C3's is a later model (obviously). $180.00 is just under retail on that one. $150 if you can get it for that is a decent collector price. I know where there is one for $125 but the cars are missing. Usually can find the cars for about $15 to $20 each. I was looking more for the older one that I lucked upon. Kewl toys back in the day and very kewl collector items today. The police cycle I haven't seen for less than $400.00 anywhere before. Was really pleased to get that one.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread