Aug 6, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2003 C5 Z06
Province
NS
Picked up an 03 c5 z06 with the general g-max RS's (255/40/17 and 285/35/18). Been doing some searching to see what is out there for info on longevity, likes/dislikes, and how people find they perform compared to other options. These tires are slightly more narrow (10mm) than stock but only 1% shorter, so not too far off the stock diameter/circumference. So far I am quite satisfied with the grip and control they are providing but was curious to hear other people's thoughts that have run them and how they perform compared to other tires/wider options. From what I can gather these tires are a good value for the tire and are at a lower cost than other options out there. So far have not had traction issues when I have needed it, and they seem to grip well all through 1st and 2nd without excessive wheel spin. I love the look of wide tires but have found out fairly quickly there isn't a ton of options for stock sized tires in the 17/18" combo. If anyone had any experience or insight on this topic I would love to hear your perspectives.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Switched to CCW wheels, 19" front and back, and mounted Michelin Pilot Sports. Did manage to find Continental tires that were the correct size for 17/18's but I understand that option is gone as well now (rears I think). I like the look of the stock Z06 rims and run them on occasion so the Continentals filled the void.

Don't have any first hand knowledge of the Generals but if they are working just keep on driving.

Enjoy your new Z06.

Hi MorePower12, I have General G-Max tires on my car. Like you, they were on it when I bought it. Mine are stock size 17/18 G-Max AS-03 models. The previous owner installed them on my car in 2014 I think, and I now have about 23000km on them in total. I should get another 5k out of them for sure...maybe more. I am pretty happy with them. I don't drive my car in the rain, and I don't track it either... so I can't report on anything in that area. Depending on the prices and tires available, I will likely go back to the Generals. OL Yeller on this forum has recently put new tires on his car. I think they were Michelin Pilot Sports in stock size run flats. He would be happy to give you that info I am sure. Good luck and welcome to the Corvette club.

I have Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ ZP tires on my car. Base model 2001 with 245/45/17 front and 275/40/18 rear. Not sure if the Z06 has different size rims/tires. I purchased them from Canadian Tire and had no issues getting the correct size for the car, they were ready to pick up at the local store in roughly 10 days. I would say they can find you tires in your size as well. They had a listing for non run flat tires too. I think these tires offer good grip and they are all seasons to boot, so driving in the rain shouldn't be an issue.

I have Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ ZP tires on my car. Base model 2001 with 245/45/17 front and 275/40/18 rear. Not sure if the Z06 has different size rims/tires. I purchased them from Canadian Tire and had no issues getting the correct size for the car, they were ready to pick up at the local store in roughly 10 days. I would say they can find you tires in your size as well. They had a listing for non run flat tires too. I think these tires offer good grip and they are all seasons to boot, so driving in the rain shouldn't be an issue.

The Z06 has 265/40/17 and 295/35/18’s so may be a different case to find those sizes but I’ll definitely keep my eye open.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.