Beta
Jun 14, 2017
Port Hope, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z16 #123
Province
ON
Sandy and I came out to Canmore on the 10th of March for some fun and relaxation.
P_20180312_132128 (2).jpg

Lake Louise on Monday
P_20180313_100006.jpg

A couple of the greeters for the snowmobile tour.
P_20180313_130530.jpg

oh yeah we brought the brother in law along too.
P_20180316_120837.jpg

Sunshine village after 29 cm of fresh powder.
P_20180316_144406.jpg

lots of fun had by all, we love coming out west. Can't wait to meet some of you at MITM or Cold Lake

Sandy and I came out to Canmore on the 10th of March for some fun and relaxation.View attachment 15403
Lake Louise on Monday
View attachment 15404
View attachment 15405
View attachment 15407
Sunshine village after 29 cm of fresh powder.View attachment 15408
lots of fun had by all, we love coming out west. Can't wait to meet some of you at MITM or Cold Lake
So happy you had a great time here Jim. Sometimes I wish I still skied. Sunshine looks great from the chairlift pic and it was always a fun place to ski 20/30 years ago. Even though we never had sunny conditions.

Looks like you had a great time, Jim! Next time, let us know that you are coming! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have drove out to Banff or Lake Louise to meet up with you for a BeaverTail and a coffee.
I was hoping to. Some tentative plans fell apart mind you. But.we have Cold Lake to scrutineer his car in July.

Sandy and I came out to Canmore on the 10th of March for some fun and relaxation.View attachment 15403
Lake Louise on Monday
View attachment 15404
View attachment 15405
View attachment 15407
Sunshine village after 29 cm of fresh powder.View attachment 15408
Great photos...I am looking forward to meeting you both on the Cold Lake Cruise.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Thank you for sharing this visit near YYC. :)
I knew you were here thru Mikey's word but my week's schedule apparently could not meet a few evenings that I was OK - so sorry I missed that opportunity.
We have MITM and you will know of a return toward Alberta of mine through the USA on this forum after Easter Break.
I am letting Derek's plans with MITM be all good here and with Corvette Zone before I add the twist for the return
which should put "us" back in Calgary on the Tuesday following MITM with Cold Lake on the following Friday (weekend).
Then after that ... I guess I'll have to get back to my real work :(

Thank you for sharing this visit near YYC. :)
I knew you were here thru Mikey's word but my week's schedule apparently could not meet a few evenings that I was OK - so sorry I missed that opportunity.
We have MITM and you will know of a return toward Alberta of mine through the USA on this forum after Easter Break.
I am letting Derek's plans with MITM be all good here and with Corvette Zone before I add the twist for the return
which should put "us" back in Calgary on the Tuesday following MITM with Cold Lake on the following Friday (weekend).
Then after that ... I guess I'll have to get back to my real work :(

Spence if you post your itinerary for heading back West after MITM, I will install them into your "Too many Rays" section on the Corvette Zone MITM event. I feel there will be a few travellers who may enjoy joining you for this route back West.

D

We are not sure yet on what route we are going to take from MITM to YYC, we are flexible.

Thanks everybody for the positive feed back.
I’m hoping I’ll be in Montana that week so if you guys end up there,we can do a lap westbound on the “going to the sun” road with a stop at Logan’s Pass. And then a stop at The Huckleberry Patch.

Never heard of any of these places
Watch the start of “The Shining” Jim. Jack Nicholson is driving westbound past St Mary’s Lake. That’s the beginning of the “GTTS” road from East Glacier. We don’t have anything close to this type of road for views. Lake Louise to Jasper comes close perhaps but for “exposure”, GTTS is tops. We have bigger,taller mountains on the Icefields Parkway though such as Mt Columbia,Mt Athabasca and Mt Andromeda. This has been a bucket list road for me for over 20 years.

The Huckleberry Patch

Last edited:
Watch the start of “The Shining” Jim. Jack Nicholson is driving westbound past St Mary’s Lake. That’s the beginning of the “GTTS” road from East Glacier. We don’t have anything close to this type of road for views. Lake Louise to Jasper comes close perhaps but for “exposure”, GTTS is tops. We have bigger,taller mountains on the Icefields Parkway though such as Mt Columbia,Mt Athabasca and Mt Andromeda. This has been a bucket list road for me for over 20 years.

The Huckleberry Patch

Very cool road Mike. It would be fun if you had it all to yourself.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Spence if you post your itinerary for heading back West after MITM, I will install them into your "Too many Rays" section on the Corvette Zone MITM event. I feel there will be a few travellers who may enjoy joining you for this route back West. D
Thank you and I may take you up on your offer "D" @ddgermann . Freda's and my 3-day (2-night) return back from your MITM Event toward Calgary through the USA and along the GTTS Road is something that we are very much looking forward to for capping off this awesome Summer experience. We are most welcoming of others to join in. Once determined, we will share and be able to post our intended route and accommodation(s). :Cheers2:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread