am having some issues with mine not starting on the first crak usually hits right up on the sceond once in a great while it takes 3 but very rarely, i had a tech tell me fuel pump but the i thought it has 47k miles and the gas filter has never been replaced and lo and behold guess where the puel pressure regulator is? yeah in the damn gas filter might explain the $128.00 dollar price $300 retail at the shop i am gonn change this before i drop $1300.00 dollars on a pump change!
I changed my fuel filter a few years ago (37,500 miles / 60,000km) with the AC Delco one..$70 CDN off amazon plus $12 for the plastic removal tools...took me all of 20 minutes. Fuel pump available for $250 with the gasket and new bolts (be sure that the bolts are the same length or slightly shorter than the originals...if not the gasket won't be tight enough and a massive leak will result...better to reuse the OE bolts). From my research, the tank does not have to be dropped to change out the fuel pump on the '01's, just remove a sheild and there it is...just make sure you don't have much fuel in the tank. Probably will take about 2 hours to change.

Update #4 Well, after a month of the most crappy corvette weather anyone could have, I was able to burn off some fuel. I am pleased to note that the TECHRON did the job. I guess that since it was sitting in the tank for a full month it had a chance to eat whatever crap was around the sending unit. The fuel gauge dropped below 1/3 of a tank yesterday and still read as it should.
Thank You Murray for the heads up. I shall purchase another few bottles and run one through every few tanks of fuel.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.