Case75

High RPM Poster
2 You're 10
Jul 6, 2012
Earth
VetteCoins
Car
none right now.
I got the fuel leak fixed today that was causing gas to run down onto the passenger side muffler; not a good place to have raw fuel leaking. As I suspected, it was the vapour return line from the fuel pump that had dried out at the tank. While we were at it, we dropped the tank down to check the sending unit gasket and replace the send line from the tank to the steel fuel lines. Amazingly, even though the tank is 38 years old, it still looked like the day it was installed. No tank sticker to be found though. And the spare tire is the original Firestone 500 white wall.

Good catch with the leaky line.
I had a fuel line rot-thru where it bent and went over the frame kick-up in the rear wheel well area. I replaced a section of the metal line with rubber fuel line. I now have to remember to replace it every few years.
It is odd you did not find a tank sticker? I found mine on top of the tank and managed to get at it thru the filler area in almost one piece.
You have an original firestone 500 whitewall spare...excellent. I have a firestone 500 raised white letter tire that was given to me by a another'75 Vette owner 30 years ago. He told me it was his original spare? His car had been written-off in an accident but he had kept the spare?? I wonder if GM offered both whitewall and/or raised white letters on our cars????
I don't carry mine as a spare but do have it for serious shows where we display the spare tire.

graham

You have an original firestone 500 whitewall spare...excellent. I have a firestone 500 raised white letter tire that was given to me by a another'75 Vette owner 30 years ago. He told me it was his original spare? His car had been written-off in an accident but he had kept the spare?? I wonder if GM offered both whitewall and/or raised white letters on our cars????
I don't carry mine as a spare but do have it for serious shows where we display the spare tire.

graham

My car was originally equipped with whitewalls according to info from GM Historical in Oshawa. Standard equipment would have been blackwall with whitewall or RWL optional. That's a nice looking spare Graham.

It is odd you did not find a tank sticker? I found mine on top of the tank and managed to get at it thru the filler area in almost one piece.

graham

That was my last hope to find a build sheet for mine. I've had the dash out, the carpet replaced and now the tank out; all places where I've heard of build sheets being found.

Here's a picture of the tank. Looks to be in good shape. The fuel stain is fuel that ran out of the send line while pulling the hose off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread