psafadi10

I'm New Here
Dec 31, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
98 corvette
Province
ON
Hello i have a 1998 Corvette with h/c/i and also have headers and cold air and Birla exhaust . My questions is before i go get a tune I'm gonna need to upgrade my fuel injectors what do you guys think and where should I get them from .. looking for straight fit no adapters or anything . Thank you

Hello i have a 1998 Corvette with h/c/i and also have headers and cold air and Birla exhaust . My questions is before i go get a tune I'm gonna need to upgrade my fuel injectors what do you guys think and where should I get them from .. looking for straight fit no adapters or anything . Thank you

I have a 2000 M6 with H/C/I and long tube headers. Your stock injectors will likely be near 100% duty cycle at WOT. Some will say provided you are not tracking the car (i.e. very little time spent at WOT) this is ok since you run little risk of overheating the injector. Most will say that you should size injectors to get no more than 80% duty cycle. Your choice for new injectors depends on budget, recommendation from your tuner, plans for the future (eg. spray, blower, etc.). The most important thing is to get injectors with good data that is readily available.

High budget and really good data: Injector Dynamics 725's. Expensive a hell but recognized leaders in the business.

Mid range budget and good data: GM GTP 36 lb injectors. Used in the Pontiac GTP. (42 lb/hr at 58 psi.). I have these in my car and they get to about 70% duty cycle.

Low budget and less data: used Ford SRO Red Tops (36 lb/hr at 58 psi). I was running these and they got to about 80% duty cycle at WOT.

Recommend that you talk to your tuner for their thoughts. If you are tuning yourself then get the GTP's from Summit Racing. Data is available on the HPTuner forum and on LS1Tech forum.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
What year of GTP are those from and anywhere else other then summit have them
These are the same as GTP 3800 V-6 Supercharged injectors used 1998 through 2005: FAST 303608 FAST Precision-Flow Fuel Injectors | Summit Racing They are repackaged Bosch 0280155868 and will plug and play with the LS1 wiring harness and intake manifold. Note that Summit ships these from a warehouse in Concorde, ON.

I believe JEGS has them as well. Don't know about local suppliers.....

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.