Cinor

Casual User
Jun 20, 2015
Mistatim Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2009 & 1975
So I am a bit lost right now as to how to approach this issue. I have been having trouble lately with fuel cap. Old one seem to just not function properly anymore and was getting codes for fuel system. got a correct chev cap for it and still coding car, and will put into limp mode. I do not believe it is a sender problem as I currently have a rag over new gas cap and car works perfectly with the rag. What should I be chasing to solve this problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Nik and YFCvii
... unsure if I am on the same page here ...
Had rogue concern that is maybe similar with two different GM vehicles.
A 1998 and a 2009 - not corvettes. Not sure how similar where one gets a dash light
that appeared to be related to a slight misalignment or not enough of a "click" when
placing the gas cap back in.
Eventually, we had a sensor or sending-unit of some sort replaced and both times it
resulted in success. Excuse being that the sensor was at the threshold of needing
replacement and was set off by even the slightest of "indifference" (or whatever they termed it as).
As a rag is completely resealing, it may be the remedy with caps not being a perfect seal.

(gee just noticed in my "parts bin" that although these cars are gone now, I still have the
replacement gas caps that they first had me buy before hitting me with the sensor replacement invoice)

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
So I am a bit lost right now as to how to approach this issue. I have been having trouble lately with fuel cap. Old one seem to just not function properly anymore and was getting codes for fuel system. got a correct chev cap for it and still coding car, and will put into limp mode. I do not believe it is a sender problem as I currently have a rag over new gas cap and car works perfectly with the rag. What should I be chasing to solve this problem.

I had a similar problem on my 2009 C6. Had a check engine light indicating I had a faulty gas cap or fuel vent solenoid malfunction. I replaced the solenoid and fixed my problem. BTW a fuel vent problem should not put you in limp mode, take a close look at the code number the check engine light is giving you......pappy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.