Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Nice Price Gerry. Do you have any pictures! I, unfortunately, do not have that amount burning a hole in my pocket but hopefully there is some lucky person out there that does.

gamman

Apr 9, 2010
Awards
calgaryrednecktown
VetteCoins
Car
2003 z06
Forgot about the blackwing intake...
and ~$2500 in recent servicing at western corvette. All fluids, brake pads, etc.

opinions, if I were to drop it at auction, what would I get for it? Assume its nice, but not super fantastic. I am not as good at detailing (I have kids, etc) as some of you.

vmr canada price is:
20k wholesale, 23retail

Lowest on Kijiji is:
$19k average, with 180 or 118kms. Both 01's.
Then they are $30k for nice ones.

Auto trader:
23-30+ for the same as above.

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
From my experience, you'll be lucky to pull 15k for it at auction. Its got nithing really to do with the car. Just the fact that 90% of the people there will buy in order to re-sell and make some money and with winter approaching, they won't be able to sell something that the buyer isn't able to test drive or even drive home.
[mob][/mob]

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Oh... And keep in mind that probably half the vettes for sale are there because the "wife said I have to sell some of my toys". This drives up the asking price of course. I bought mine with 34k on it from a bank 2 years ago that had reposessed it (peacefully) from the owner for 17k.
[mob][/mob]

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
I would keep it on the kijij a while longer. That is where I sold my Camaro and eventually the right buyer comes around. People are asking really high prices for their vettes in Saskatchewan and I'm sure yours would post for 30+. Keep your head up! Someone will come along and get a great car.

Tony, 17K? In Canada? That's crazy talk!

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Not lying Riley :). 17k... Two years ago.
[mob][/mob]

gamman

Apr 9, 2010
Awards
calgaryrednecktown
VetteCoins
Car
2003 z06
But it was at a repo auction and its an 01, and its silver, means I will be lucky if I get 20k for it.

I have it on kji for 24, we'll see if there is life, otherwise its to the auction I go.

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
LOL... no buddy wasnt a repo auction... mechanic had the car in his shop with a lein on the car plus the bank legally repo'd the car but the car never left the shop... even test drive the car and the mechanic gave me the full history of the car.

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
What sort of shady shops do you deal with!?:D I know your type, you silver driving, two toned interior guys are all crazy:rofl:

Gamman, I'm surprised your car has not sold yet.

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
I am surprised a little also. Be a shame to auction it. The shop was
Performance Racing Technologies in Red Deer. The.y had installed the intake and cat back on the car and never got paid. When the bank found out where the car was they just told the shop not to release the car to the owner.
[mob][/mob]

HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Awards
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Check that .... Progressive race technologies... Guess theynare now just known as PRT Inc
[mob][/mob]

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Would have been nice if the guy would have installed a blower.:D

Gamman, Let us know if you are auctioning it. All the best! Hope it does not come to that point. We're pullin for ya.

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Frickity dangit. I wish I had that much money lying around.

vt65

Regular
Nov 13, 2009
Awards
Simcoe On
VetteCoins
Car
2008 4LT convert
But it was at a repo auction and its an 01, and its silver, means I will be lucky if I get 20k for it.

I have it on kji for 24, we'll see if there is life, otherwise its to the auction I go.
can't tell from the pictures, what colour is the interior? Red & Black would be nice... bump

Spiked

Nov 23, 2010
Awards
Toronto Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2000 FRC
Really bad time to sell.It's a buyers market and the some guys that are selling are desperate and they practically give them away.When putting a value on your car,what ever other people are asking doesn't mean a lot.Most people that are selling always think their car is worth more then it is.Even black book value doesn't mean a lot.If you really want to see what cars are selling for then go to FleeBay and find your year and check off completed sales.This will show you what cars are really going for.You will be shocked to see how nice a C5 you can buy for 12-15.Another thing people don't understand is how much effort it takes to sell a car these days.You can't just put an add in one paper with some cell phone pics and hope it goes.You need to put it in every paper and web site you can find.Don't be afraid to spend 200-300 on advertising.Get a lot of quality pics from every angle.Getting a professional to take some pics is also a good idea.Worth every penny.Take pics of flaws on the car.Once people see those pics you gain their trust.A walk around video with the car idling will get buyers excited.A professional detail is also money well spent.Have the car in a neat garage with a car cover over it.Whipping the cover off a nicely waxed car is impressive to most buyers.Having the car warmed up before a buyer gets there is a good idea.Change your oil as smart buyers will check it and they like to see clean oil.Don't be afraid to spend some money on those little things that are broken or scratched.Everyone seems to think that no matter how good your price is they expect the car to be almost perfect and things that are broken should be subtracted form the asking price.Of course everyone knows that any buyer always expects a special deal so add at least 500-800 to the price you really want.Receipts and records of maintenance are also good to show.Sales brochures and owners manuals are another big plus.They come up for sale all the time.Don't be afraid of FleeBay either.I've sold a lot of cars there.
My main point is selling a car today isn't like it was 10 years ago.You really need to put some effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread