Apr 8, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Hatch Base
Province
BC
I want to install a carbon fiber front splitter. Is there one out there that doesn't cause to much of a engine temp change. I was thinking of the ZR1 style. Side skirts while I'm at it.

Last edited:
Front splitter it doesn't case engine temp up ... l have one and never have this problem ....the problem is our radiator full of garbage between the

radiator and /AC condense​

you don't notice until when you put the splitter in... ...220 to 240 normal temperature .. but if you don't like how the temperature going be...the only solution is to buy ... (DeWalt radiator ) .. your temp it will be in extremely hot weather 200 only..or add controller fan relay so you can manually you can turn it on/ off the fan to bring the temperature down

Last edited:
I've seen some models with an opening in the center of the splitter, which makes sense to me. Others that have the openings on the sides. I'm tending to go with the first option but the style looks better on the ones I've seen with the side openings. What to do, what to do? Thanks for your insight.

I want to install a carbon fiber front splitter. Is there one out there that doesn't cause to much of a engine temp change. I was thinking of the ZR1 style. Side skirts while I'm at it.
What did you end up with?
I also want to do some performance body work to my convertible. Finding it tough to find carbon fibre parts for my C5

Well they are out there. Its just a matter of how much you want to spend. True carbon fiber pieces are pretty expensive. I'm finding that there all all kinds out there. Also I'm going to go with a C5 designed splitter because they have an opening in the center of the splitter so as not to effect the air flow to the rad. That's as far as I've got. No purchase yet. Waiting on some info on a cheaper splitter not carbon fiber.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.