Jul 4, 2019
Elora
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Stingray
Province
ON
Hello, I was looking to purchase some mud guards that are a bit wider than the original ones for my 19 Grandsport so I asked a question to the seller on e bay about the shipping.
The price of the guards were $32 USD was pretty good (although they are nothing more than plastic) the part that got me was the shipping $1,500 CDN
I asked them if the shipping price was a mistake or a joke??
And their answer to me was: We appreciate you looking into our item! Shipping to any international address has a $1500 shipping fee. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Needless to say they do not want to deal with anyone other a USA address. Nice business strategy.

About 90 seconds into the US at the Niagara falls crossing, there's a place. Have your items shipped there, and held. It's going to cost you though. Five bucks. Yup. $5. Whether you declare on the way back is your call.
Usaddress link below.

Reactions: Roughrider
Hello, I was looking to purchase some mud guards that are a bit wider than the original ones for my 19 Grandsport so I asked a question to the seller on e bay about the shipping.
The price of the guards were $32 USD was pretty good (although they are nothing more than plastic) the part that got me was the shipping $1,500 CDN
I asked them if the shipping price was a mistake or a joke??
And their answer to me was: We appreciate you looking into our item! Shipping to any international address has a $1500 shipping fee. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Needless to say they do not want to deal with anyone other a USA address. Nice business strategy.

That's rip off scam Roughrider. They try to avoid the ebay fee on items by rolling the real cost into the shipping but that's not even close to accurate for the cost of the guards. ACS Composites is a great supplier of aftermarket trim items. I deal with them often. Good service and good quality. Here's a link. Make sure you click on the CDN $ tab top right. They are out of Montreal.

About 90 seconds into the US at the Niagara falls crossing, there's a place. Have your items shipped there, and held. It's going to cost you though. Five bucks. Yup. $5. Whether you declare on the way back is your call.
Usaddress link below.
That sounds like a plan as i'm sure there will be other items that will catch my interest. Thanks!

That's rip off scam Roughrider. They try to avoid the ebay fee on items by rolling the real cost into the shipping but that's not even close to accurate for the cost of the guards. ACS Composites is a great supplier of aftermarket trim items. I deal with them often. Good service and good quality. Here's a link. Make sure you click on the CDN $ tab top right. They are out of Montreal.
I'll keep that company in mind, thank you!

Here is a vid I did on the ACS rock guards. They are in Canada so very easy to deal with and the quality is really good. I mean really good. They are not cheap but definitely worth it. Mine were ordered for the Z06, but the grand sport has the same wide body so they should be the same I think.

I just went to my dealership and got a wholesale price on the GM accessory option.
I was not ready to pay the higher price of ACS.
I gave up trying the cheap cost + costly ship options from the USA - too much risk
and that made it easier to just accept the cost of the GM accessory - and then
self-install and forget about it. (I posted my install in the D.I.Y. Section on CCF)
That's how I decided ... and that I live by the “get what you pay for” idealism.

Last edited:
I used to buy stuff from Ebay all the time. Now its just Scambay. A buddy of mine made his own but he's pretty good at fabricating things. Maybe try Amazon?

Last edited:
Yes I see there are options but i'm not quite sure that I want to put that kind of money into mud guards. I have to give it some thought.

If you plan on installing rockers at some point, buy the ACS guards at least for the fronts. They extend a half inch or so lower than the GM guards and keep the leading tip of the rockers from getting pitted from road debris. They are easy peasy to install. No jacking, no tire removal. Took me 15 minutes. JMO

Just found this post, I'm looking at mud guards as a mod for my 2019 Z51. Best value I've seen so far is a complete set of 4 for $120 USD + $45 shipping from Corvette Mods. Have no personal experience with buying from this supplier, your input would be appreciated.

Just found this post, I'm looking at mud guards as a mod for my 2019 Z51. Best value I've seen so far is a complete set of 4 for $120 USD + $45 shipping from Corvette Mods. Have no personal experience with buying from this supplier, your input would be appreciated.
I am not a huge fan of these fellas at corvette mods BUT there are much worse suppliers (that i have heard about from another Corvette friend on CCF) . Expensive with the US Dollar and shipping. Of 3 items I’ve bought from them, I’ve kept one and threw out items that I found rather junky in quality. I did find them helpful when I phoned them but cut my losses without paying return shipping and stocking (inexpensive parts that I bought).
Is there something comparable on ACSComposites.com? If so phone your order and ask for canadian dollar pricing instead of online (US$). I have bought from them and am pretty happy as they are in Canada (Quebec) - no importing.
Just my opinion as I know the Corvette Mods Site has quite a but of Corvette Candy - if I do buy from them I know it comes with a satisfaction risk for me.
Others may differ on this though 😁👍🏻

saying this without knowing the splash guards you are looking for (we use “splash” instead of “mud” when regarding a Corvette 😂)

Last edited:
I am not a huge fan of these fellas at corvette mods BUT there are much worse suppliers (that i have heard about from another Corvette friend on CCF) . Expensive with the US Dollar and shipping. Of 3 items I’ve bought from them, I’ve kept one and threw out items that I found rather junky in quality. I did find them helpful when I phoned them but cut my losses without paying return shipping and stocking (inexpensive parts that I bought).
Is there something comparable on ACSComposites.com? If so phone your order and ask for canadian dollar pricing instead of online (US$). I have bought from them and am pretty happy as they are in Canada (Quebec) - no importing.
Just my opinion as I know the Corvette Mods Site has quite a but of Corvette Candy - if I do buy from them I know it comes with a satisfaction risk for me.
Others may differ on this though 😁👍🏻

saying this without knowing the splash guards you are looking for (we use “splash” instead of “mud” when regarding a Corvette 😂)
ACS pricing is $300 CDN + HST = $339 (using their free shipping option). By the way, the ACS website does provide an option for CDN pricing. Corvette Mods pricing with shipping will total approx $220 in CDN funds. Guess it comes down to whether the ACS product is worth the additional $120 CDN.

ACS pricing is $300 CDN + HST = $339 (using their free shipping option). By the way, the ACS website does provide an option for CDN pricing. Corvette Mods pricing with shipping will total approx $220 in CDN funds. Guess it comes down to whether the ACS product is worth the additional $120 CDN.
Like i said phone your order into acs and they may better the exchange by a little by taking can$ charge over the phone.
dont do online with us$ at acs if you can phone it. Thats what i did - but perhaps they did that when the website option to switch to cdn$ wasnt there.
Ya ACS is more $$$ but this is the place i am always told about - so passing the torch as it has been done to me.
I bought jack pucks for four corvettes and splash guards for someone else (for all in one shipping). I almost considered their carbon fiber splash guard set for myself ... but ya 💰💰💰 ... future considerations 😁👍🏻

Last edited:

Not familiar with the C Mods guards but from the pictures, if you have, or are considering rockers, the front guards in the pic won't protect the leading edge of the rockers... I have the ACS fronts and GM rears. My rockers also came from ACS. I am totally happy with their product and service. As someone previously mentioned, you get what you pay for. JMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread