Jun 14, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Stingray Z51 2L
Province
ON
What is everyone using for a front license plate holder and where did you get them?

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2266027414.jpg
    iOS Image - 2266027414.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
Was using no front plate until Mr. USA border guard didn’t like me laughing about not having one and that it interfered with the cooling system of the car, he was banning us from the USA and putting a notice on our plates not to let us into the States if we do not comply. So I guess we’ll have to use the stock GM plate mount that came with the C7 Grand Sports. Can post a picture when I get back home of assembly

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Was using no front plate until Mr. USA border guard didn’t like me laughing about not having one and that it interfered with the cooling system of the car, he was banning us from the USA and putting a notice on our plates not to let us into the States if we do not comply. So I guess we’ll have to use the stock GM plate mount that came with the C7 Grand Sports. Can post a picture when I get back home of assembly
Thats interesting...what would happen if someone went to the states from a provience that didn't have a front plate? Kick you out? I think not.

Yes, I should check into that...and like someone previously mentioned about provinces without plates(Alberta-hey my car came from Alberta 👍) , but man oh man he was irate , not just with me , but my buddies who did the same thing...he was and A&”Hole
Sounds like you just came across a power trip border guard, it happens and there is not much you can do, they are the one group you do not want to upset because they can make your life a living hell

There was no way I was going to drill the front facia on my C6 Indy Pace Car. I usually run with a front mask so could not use the fold under bracket version. Measured everything up, folded the Ontario slogan "Yours to discover" out of the way to make the plate narrower, added foam rubber cushions to protect the paint and then wire tied the plate into the air inlet portion of the facia. Works with or without mask. Has had no effect on engine cooling either. Not sure if you can do this on later generations.

Attachments

• DSCF3896.JPG
    DSCF3896.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF3954.JPG
    DSCF3954.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF3955.JPG
    DSCF3955.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 29
My dealer recommended taking the plate & installing it in the factory bracket, put it inside the front compartment and if you get stopped just tell the police officers it’s fallen off & you are getting it fixed ASAP. They could ask you to set it on the dashboard until fixed

Attachments

• DSCF3953.JPG
    DSCF3953.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 24
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.