N

navion

Anybody have any recommendations for a front plate holder for a ZR1? Also wondering about a "disappearing" unit if anyone has any experience with one.

Anybody have any recommendations for a front plate holder for a ZR1? Also wondering about a "disappearing" unit if anyone has any experience with one.

Manny has the one I have and they are reasonably priced -- the electric "disappearing" one is more money.

Mine is removable quite easily for shows and pictures.

C.

We have the electric disappearing holder with remote on our 2005 base model. I think the splitter would move the license plate even closer to the ground. With this you are not drilling into exposed surfaces. You had better back into parking spots because running up over a curb will destroy the holder and probably the plate too. The holder itself is rather flimsy but has held up for the last year. No matter where you put the plate on a C6 it looks out of place and sticks out like a sore thumb. A couple of right angle brackets would do the same thing if you were inclined to make your own.

http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/KeithTedford1/media/Our 2005 Corvette/IMG_0347.jpg.html

Last edited:
With the stripe, that is the best looking one yet. It blends right in. The higher factory one doesn't look great and our lower one doesn't look much better. Getting rid of front plates all together is still the best bet. The cop chasing you certainly won't be looking at it.

Removable

The one on my car (shown) is totally removeable as well for show or for the track. Two wing-nuts hold the plate on so it is a 1 minute job to take it off.

It really is a great option if you have to have front plate ... I would prefer not to have one but gotta do what we gotta do!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.