dannyyaro2000

I'm New Here
2 You're 10
Jun 19, 2012
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1977 coupe
I have a 1977 and my fender clearance is at least an inch higher at the front than it is at the rear, i would prefer to have it the other way around any suggestions on what is the cheapest and easiest way to accomplish this without sacrificing handling and ride?

I would start by putting a big block in it.:D That'll get the springs to settle.

Honestly though, I'm not sure. The best part is that this increases my post count by one.

I would maybe start here: http://www.vbandp.com/ and look at what suspension packages are offered if you want to upgrade the suspension. As for simply adjusting it to get it to sit lower...... that is a good question. I'm familiar with the C5's and 6's but that is where my knowledge ends. I would like to hear what others suggest.

I'm sure Manny (Nasty98) could help you out.

I have a 1977 and my fender clearance is at least an inch higher at the front than it is at the rear, i would prefer to have it the other way around any suggestions on what is the cheapest and easiest way to accomplish this without sacrificing handling and ride?

Eaiset way would be to put shorter springs and shocks in the front .

With the transverse leaf in the rear they do tend to sag a little as they reach the golden years.. New springs in the rear should level it out.. I put gas shocks in the rear of my 81 and it sits pretty level now.

I agree, start with the rear suspension and make sure it is up to snuff. My car has had the rear spring replaced and it sits perfectly level now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.