No issues here either other than the squeak when first backing up. If the rotors are not straight I'd demand they be replaced under warranty and not just turned. Of course with brakes they could claim they are not a warranty issue.
They were replaced two weeks ago. Smooth like butter now. Let's hope they stay that way. It's been decades since I had an issue like that with any of my cars.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I have lots of problems with rotors. Turned them all and replaced with new and it still returns. Less problems with factory pads but they are good for less than 2 track days. Tried Gloc 10's Carbotec XP 10 and 8s and Hawks HP+ pads. So far less problems with Hawk. Still turning the rotors between different pads. Thinking of going to aftermarket rotors. There is a GM bulletin on rotors but it is due to rusting from the pads to the rotor while sitting after a car wash. Dry your rotors after washing or go for a drive. Any other solutions out there?

Last edited:
  • Informative
I have lots of problems with rotors. Turned them all and replaced with new and it still returns. Less problems with factory pads but they are good for less than 2 track days. Tried Gloc 10's Carbotec XP 10 and 8s and Hawks HP+ pads. So far less problems with Hawk. Still turning the rotors between different pads. Thinking of going to aftermarket rotors. There is a GM bulletin on rotors but it is due to rusting from the pads to the rotor while sitting after a car wash. Dry your rotors after washing or go for a drive. Any other solutions out there?
Thanks for the info regarding rotors rusting due to pads. I recently noticed some discolouration on my rotors last time I washed it. Forgot to dry out rotors and parked the car. Next day when taking out the car the brakes seemed seized. Drove it awhile and everything seemed ok. Will make sure I blow out the water from rotors next time after a wash.

Curious to hear about your experience with the Carbotech XP10.
I also did get 2 track days out of the factory pads and decided yesterday to install XP 10s. Went to bed them in yesterday night and noticed the ABS activating frequently, never happened bedding in factory pads... FYI did not turn the rotors.
What did you like / dislike with the XP 10s and how many days did you get?

Hi Everyone
Have any of you had any issues with front rotor runout/parralelism issues? My issue first appeared at about 4000kms and returned again at 6500 kms. Rotors were turned both times. Appeared again but minor. Rotors were changed at 8700kms, fine so far? No track use, just normal street use.
No problems with my C8 with 12,000 km but had a similar problem with my 2017GS and dealer replaced all 4 under warranty.

I also did get 2 track days out of the factory pads and decided yesterday to install XP 10s. Went to bed them in yesterday night and noticed the ABS activating frequently, never happened bedding in factory pads... FYI did not turn the rotors.

I would consider yourself fortunate it was just the ABS malfunctioning. These cars have an advanced brake fade detection system that are calibrated with GM brake parts. When I was at Spring Mountain, they went into detail on how this system works and explained why they use GM only brake parts. I think you're just asking for trouble using aftermarket parts here. I knew I would have dusty brake pads when I ordered the Z51 package and have accepted, and will deal with those associated issues. When I'm on the track its comforting to know I have that extra layer of protection.

Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter on the C8 Corvette’s Brake Fade Warning System​

"However, since the FWA system was developed with the production rotors, pads and calipers, we must recommend using the OEM hardware when on track, as we cannot guarantee that the fade warning system will behave as designed if parts are changed."

From my 2022 Owners manual...

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 10.00.24 PM.png

I wouldn't worry about drying your rotors, but I would suggest not parking your car with hot brakes and leaving it for an extended period of time. If you need to park with hot pads, make sure to roll it periodically. What is generally referred to as 'warped rotors' or similar is actually brake pad deposits on the surface of the rotors.

You need to turn the rotors when you change pad type/manufacturer. ABS light coming on sooner is a result of the XP10's having a better bite. I used them for 3 or 4 track days still less than 50% worn before I removed them.

I wouldn't worry about drying your rotors, but I would suggest not parking your car with hot brakes and leaving it for an extended period of time. If you need to park with hot pads, make sure to roll it periodically. What is generally referred to as 'warped rotors' or similar is actually brake pad deposits on the surface of the rotors.
After washing the car and not drying the brakes can be a problem for me. I have let the wet brakes sit for a week or more aand the car would not move until I gave it throttle and bang they released and left rusty pitting on the rotors. No I did not have the ebrake on. Had to turn the rotors to get rid of the problem completely. If you drive more often than I do it may be ok to have a little rusting and it will disappear. Had this problem with another car too (not GM) and the brakes and rotors were replaced under warranty. I dry my brakes when the cars will sit for a while after that.

I would consider yourself fortunate it was just the ABS malfunctioning. These cars have an advanced brake fade detection system that are calibrated with GM brake parts. When I was at Spring Mountain, they went into detail on how this system works and explained why they use GM only brake parts. I think you're just asking for trouble using aftermarket parts here. I knew I would have dusty brake pads when I ordered the Z51 package and have accepted, and will deal with those associated issues. When I'm on the track its comforting to know I have that extra layer of protection.

Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter on the C8 Corvette’s Brake Fade Warning System​

"However, since the FWA system was developed with the production rotors, pads and calipers, we must recommend using the OEM hardware when on track, as we cannot guarantee that the fade warning system will behave as designed if parts are changed."

From my 2022 Owners manual...

View attachment 100688
Its not a problem with the warning system in my experience unless you don't bleed the brakes properly. The many pad types I used never cause a problem with the warning system and many on the US forum have done the same without warnings. The dealer bled my brakes and could not figure out how to clear the warning for 5 days after they did it incorrectly. I am trying to figure out how to stop the "judder" from brake pads deposits after track use. The rotors are not warped but I turn them to clean the deposits off the rotor face and they are good again until after the next track day.

You need to turn the rotors when you change pad type/manufacturer. ABS light coming on sooner is a result of the XP10's having a better bite. I used them for 3 or 4 track days still less than 50% worn before I removed them.
Thank you! I did a track day with them earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised. No issue with ABS on track. The weak point now is definitely the rotors. Will need to do some shopping during the winter season, tires, rotors...