Oil Rag. Cool handle.

Welcome!
You are in for some great rides.
Let us know when you pick that beauty up and post some pictures.
You came to the right place. Plenty of happy C5 guys here for you to ask away.

D

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I’m a 56 year cantankerous old guy who needs to chill out a little. So being a petrol head in my teens I was looking for a car I could polish, enjoy driving, and tinker with mechanically for minor maintenance.
The Corvettes looks, performance and budget fits perfectly.

Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino sitting in his rocking chair drinking a beer admiring his ride rings my bell

Will definitely post pics one I have it

Well finally collected the Vette on Friday, drove it from Barrie to Waterloo cross country with the top down.
Best 2 hours of my life. Played with it all weekend.
This car is in perfect condition, the previous owner was an enthusiast and kept it in perfect condition.
It has only see rain 3 times in 17 years.
By Sunday evening it was time to wash, wax and put it away for the week. Looking forward to summer now!
DSC_1217_LI.jpg
DSC_1218.JPG
DSC_1219 - Copy_LI.jpg

Hi
just bought a 2001 C5, have not taken delivery as yet,
This is my first Vette so probably will have loads of question later.
I've been a musclecar guy all my life. In 2012, at 66, we bought a low mileage 2005 Corvette to keep the heart rate going. Like you, we needed some excitement in our lives. Like us, we know that you will have a big old smile on your face very time you fire your car up. These newer Corvettes just do everything so well, in ride, handling, comfort, and with lots of luggage space too if you want to travel. This is our sixth summer with the car and we are still smiling. Having a wife who can handle a six speed just fine, doesn't hurt either. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I’m a ... guy who needs to chill out a little ... a car I could polish, enjoy driving, and tinker with mechanically for minor maintenance. The Corvettes looks, performance and budget fits perfectly
Welcome to these forums ...
There's "a whole lot of chillin" forecasted in Winnipeg in about a month ...
and it is staging to be "a fit" in the self-diagnosis of what
many Corvette Owners feel they may really need this Summer ...
not just a great day of chilling but also a whole lotta Corvette driving :thumbs:
Meet in the Middle 2018:Cheers2:

Welcome to the forum!!! Great looking C5! Please don’t hesitate to ask questions! It’ll give me a chance to brush up on my knowledge and actually feel useful. :D
I’ve had my 2000 for ten years now and it still puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.