Jul 3, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
BMW 135i
Province
ON
My 2021 C8 will be my first American car. Never thought I'd own a Vette. This this one has convinced me and taken me away from my previous first choice, a Cayman GT4. I'm an instructor with BMW and Audi clubs in Canada and US and am giving up my track prepped E46 M3 for an arrive and drive C8. Ok, a couple of minor adjustments before heading out. Looking forward to sorting the car out , deciding on tires, wheels, and more. Still want to use my Hans device so hoping to avoid a cage of any kind. Would love to hear from anyone with track experience.

Reactions: Murray20c8
My 2021 C8 will be my first American car. Never thought I'd own a Vette. This this one has convinced me and taken me away from my previous first choice, a Cayman GT4. I'm an instructor with BMW and Audi clubs in Canada and US and am giving up my track prepped E46 M3 for an arrive and drive C8. Ok, a couple of minor adjustments before heading out. Looking forward to sorting the car out , deciding on tires, wheels, and more. Still want to use my Hans device so hoping to avoid a cage of any kind. Would love to hear from anyone with track experience.
Welcome! There will be a few who will track their C8, but it's too early in the production to get many. Less than 4500 have been produced so far.

Yes welcome to the Forum!

I've had a bit of track fun in the past in an M3 and really enjoyed it, although it was "stock" so not set up for the track and the long weekend I spent with a huge grin on my face, cost me a set of 4 tires. Not sure if I'll track my C8 but I plan to attend the Ron Fellows school near Vegas to wear out the tires on one of his C8's. I'm sure by the time you get your 2021, there will be lots of advice available on this Forum from people who have tracked their C8's.

I think you'll be best off teaming up with a motorsports fab shop to develop some new toys for the C8 (like a harness bar, for example). No one makes anything for the C8 yet because it's so new.

I'm a bit confused. You want to use your HANS, but you're hoping to avoid a cage? As Eric noted above, does that mean you're looking for a harness bar, or you want to switch to a 3-pt compatible 'HANS' device?

I'm a bit confused. You want to use your HANS, but you're hoping to avoid a cage? As Eric noted above, does that mean you're looking for a harness bar, or you want to switch to a 3-pt compatible 'HANS' device?
Good question. Unless there's a way to lag the harness into the floor or back of cockpit, I'll need a bar. But that's not my real concern: is the structural integrity of the C8 roof enough to make a six point harness safe?? In a harness, you're not going to be moving sideways if the roof comes down, as you would in a standard three point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.