Sep 11, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1977 Corvette
Province
BC
Just acquired my 77 C3 and have a few heartless to jump before I can register it in B.C. as it has to be inspected because of out of province attempted an inspection and was told that cross member in from has issues as well some rust problems on some of the frame .
Still lots of meat and do not want to have to replace the whole frame.
Does anyone know of any corvette mechanics in Vancouver area.
Can’t switch ownership till I pass inspection and by the looks of things will take a few bucks and some time nowhere to work on it myself at the moment as I can’t drive it around the insurance cost will be way to much
Need a reliable person who knows the vehicle better then I as just learning and it was my Dad’s car want to get it in shape for next springtime

July 9th I am sending the car over to classic and performance cars in Delta area then will see what has to be done.
Out of province vehicle inspection repair what needs to be done then hopefully have enough left over for some headers and brand new exhaust upgrade.

The frames are always the issue. Just spent 2k getting mine sorted out, but mine is not exactly roadworthy at the moment! Lol.

Im still on the fence about exhaust for mine. Headers are a must, side or underbelly mounted is the big decision. For the moment, its just clean, etch, paint repeat!

Glad your still into it though!!!

The frames are always the issue. Just spent 2k getting mine sorted out, but mine is not exactly roadworthy at the moment! Lol.

Im still on the fence about exhaust for mine. Headers are a must, side or underbelly mounted is the big decision. For the moment, its just clean, etch, paint repeat!

Glad your still into it though!!!

I will have it on the road hopefully by mid July the garage I brought it to the first time was no help really they didn’t want to work on it so now that I’m bringing it to the right place from what I’ve heard should get it sorted.
Had all new fuel lines put on
All new breaks and lines done
New rubber
Now it’s just engine tune up and hopefully the frame is not a huge issue but will see

Reactions: ddgermann
So brought it to another shop today and they told me I need a frame replace.
Not totally convinced has some rust but bird cage is in great shape
Some rust in spots but lots of meat left they kept telling me it’s been winter driven because it’s from Ontario Canada but with 6 feet of snow that car would go nowhere.
My father owned it for 30 years and never drove it in winter or rain and it has been graphite and oil sprayed everywhere.
But have another appointment and if that is the same result looks like I will be doing a full restore myself as don’t have 80k to pay someone else to do it

So brought it to another shop today and they told me I need a frame replace.
Not totally convinced has some rust but bird cage is in great shape
Some rust in spots but lots of meat left they kept telling me it’s been winter driven because it’s from Ontario Canada but with 6 feet of snow that car would go nowhere.
My father owned it for 30 years and never drove it in winter or rain and it has been graphite and oil sprayed everywhere.
But have another appointment and if that is the same result looks like I will be doing a full restore myself as don’t have 80k to pay someone else to do it

4EDF8614-640C-470F-99DB-5FB96127CA87.jpeg

What is happening. Did you get second opinion.
Ya had another person look at it but he said that the first issue the other mechanic had mentioned was fine but that other rust issues were no good which I could not see as it was not on the hoist by the time I got there thest said to check the frame they hit it with a hammer and by the sound they can tell if the frame is no good they are a light corvette shop but seems weird to me
There is rust but still meat Im not looking for a show car just to cruise but bringing it to a third guy who a buddy knows and see what he says and if third guy says ya frame needs repair then guess Im pulling the body off looked at the spots and to me they don’t seem that bad

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.