whelar

Casual User
Nov 18, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
working on a 1967
Province
ON
Hello I am involved in helping with a frame off restoration of a 1967 Corvette convertible 427 435 h.p. Have learned an awful lot about this car. Looking for some information about the assembly thought this forum would provide a good source of info.

Hello I am involved in helping with a frame off restoration of a 1967 Corvette convertible 427 435 h.p. Have learned an awful lot about this car. Looking for some information about the assembly thought this forum would provide a good source of info.
Welcome to the forum. You picked the right place whelar. Lots of hands on experienced guys here... @Jcpstrat jumps to mind right away. John started with .... well... I'll let him describe... and is getting very close to being completed on a gorgeous 67 'grass-up' restoration...

whelar & Rruuff Day ... "Luke 1967" is also redoing a 427, '67 roadster ... also Marina Blue, same color as mine. He's helped me a lot but I'll be glad to help if I can. I took mine completely apart ... needed a lot after sitting for 40+ years. I also have a friend who restores C2 vettes to NCRS criteria. Will be glad to tap him if needed.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
whelar & Rruuff Day ... "Luke 1967" is also redoing a 427, '67 roadster ... also Marina Blue, same color as mine. He's helped me a lot but I'll be glad to help if I can. I took mine completely apart ... needed a lot after sitting for 40+ years. I also have a friend who restores C2 vettes to NCRS criteria. Will be glad to tap him if needed.
We started with a new frame and have everything put back on the frame. We have used correct bolts according to the NCRS book. The body is painted but we have no idea what shims go between the body and frame because the body was off and a new frame. Any ideas how to start to determine the shims needed?

• Useful
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Welcome to the forum whelar. That sounds like some car to be spending time with and would love to see some pics of it. I think the body was helping to hold my frame together and I had to find a replacement frame for it also. I got lucky and found a complete rolling frame that came out of Texas and only had surface rust on it.

I'm attaching a text document that has the info. that I used for shimming the body on mine since with a new frame I had no idea how many shims it had. I got this from another forum. The procedure worked very well on mine. The Assembly Manual has a note for each bolt that just says "shim as required. Good luck

Attachments

• Shimming body mounts to decrease door gaps.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: turbozig
Welcome to the forum whelar. That sounds like some car to be spending time with and would love to see some pics of it. I think the body was helping to hold my frame together and I had to find a replacement frame for it also. I got lucky and found a complete rolling frame that came out of Texas and only had surface rust on it.

I'm attaching a text document that has the info. that I used for shimming the body on mine since with a new frame I had no idea how many shims it had. I got this from another forum. The procedure worked very well on mine. The Assembly Manual has a note for each bolt that just says "shim as required. Good luck
Thanks for the info I will be sure the owner of the car is okay with me sending pictures.

Welcome Whelar!
Sounds like you are involved in a great project. Didn't get a chance to work much on my 67 this summer, but started back on it now. I'll definitely help out where I can.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.