Nov 7, 2017
Torbay
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette Conv 1988
Province
NL
Hey found this written on the piece of cowling under the radiator. I had removed it for cleaning during restoration. Any idea what the other info means? The date 4.29.88 corresponds to manufactured date on my car of 05.1988. 36C may be the temp in Bowling Green that day in Celcius.

Thanks,
Ray
20200125_193813.jpg

Reactions: AlbertaZ06
I would highly doubt that it would refer to the temperature, as the US uses Fahrenheit. Maybe it would be a shift # or something to do with the part its written on, maybe an option #.

Someone here may know what it means though.

Hey found this written on the piece of cowling under the radiator. I had removed it for cleaning during restoration. Any idea what the other info means? The date 4.29.88 corresponds to manufactured date on my car of 05.1988. 36C may be the temp in Bowling Green that day in Celcius.

Thanks,
RayView attachment 35724
My guess is his wife called and asked him to pick her up a new bra on the way home. He had the paint pen in his hand and wrote the size down ... Or not....;)

It could be 'rotation number'. Many parts are sub assembled prior to being placed / mounted on the unit. They're placed in a crate, or hung on a feeder line.
It is not the temperature. It only got to 16C that day.

Screenshot_20200127-105956.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread