May 15, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
2009 C6 coupe
Tinman created a new event:

Forestburg 1/8 mile drag races

If I may, I'd like to announce a 1/8th mile racing event that will be happening in Forestburg on June 11 & 12.

The competition is open to any kind of vehicle. We do two-lanes, heads-up racing with lights and timers. There will be three classes, based on elapsed time. Simple rules apply. You need to wear a helmet. You need to have brakes (duh). No loose items in the car. No floor mat. Battery must be tied down. Must have a hood, or at least a belt-guard if you have a supercharger. More...

Read more about this event...

We all had a great time out at this event, even if the weather wasn't that great.

Friday night's setup was much more basic considering there was still rain in the forecast, so I didn't get to set the lights and get some fun runs in. In fact, while I was on the top of the stepladder cinching the cables for the left lane, a small airplane did a flyover of the runway we were on and scared the hell out of me. The top of a ladder when a plane wants to land on the runway we are setting up on is NOT the place to be at that time. lol.

Saturday was a bust as the rain was on and off all day, and with a forecast of more rain overnight I wasn't about to set up all of the electronics for the timing, so we did some "armdrags" for fun, and that's about it.

Sunday was actually quite decent weather. Partly cloudy and cool, and good for making horsepower!

I'm working on some videos that I took, so please bear with me while I upload them.

Okay, I'm sure you guys are wanting the Corvette content already, so here you go.

After the races were over and the winners were awarded their trophies, we decided that it was early enough to do a few more runs for fun, so I invited the A Class winner to stick around for a bit, and put my Vette up against his Hellcat Charger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread