Just rethinking whether or not the screens are a must have or nice to have option. Fifty+ years of car ownership and in s**t hole locations and never installed this type of protection before and never had a rock go through the grill or radiator. starting to think maybe this is overkill/hype just because it’s a C8. .None of my Vettes ever had it.
Seen what happens without. Rads get damaged by fins being bent over. More bent the less airflow and cooling. It’s not about rocks going through.

Seen what happens without. Rads get damaged by fins being bent over. More bent the less airflow and cooling. It’s not about rocks going through.
Though I kind of agree with you, it's not an issue according to the C8 engineers. There is no negligible difference when the fins are bent. Seen a lot of that with the test mules. Myself? I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Though I kind of agree with you, it's not an issue according to the C8 engineers. There is no negligible difference when the fins are bent. Seen a lot of that with the test mules. Myself? I'd rather be safe than sorry.
That the same group of engineers who thought using a hole saw is a good alternative to a $3.00 trunk latch? Lol.

IMG_4178.jpeg
This is what one of my rads looks like with only 700 km( 400 miles) I installed grills the next day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.