Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
GM is talking like sales of the 2014 will surpass sales of the 2007 at around 40K. Sounds like a lot of dreaming in this economy. They couldn't sell 12K last year. 20K would sound to be unrealistic never mind 40K. I know there is always a lot of hype with a new model, but that shouldn't include foolish statements like this. With their dealer allocation stuff, you would think that they were having a hard time building enough cars to go around. Now, that is a real stretch.

I think sales will be up but in fact it can't get worse .Any worse there won't be a Corvette .To get up to 40,000 units they'd have to reduce the price of the base model by 25 % plus big trade in incentives .My 08 has been for sale for two years in anticipation of the C7's and the used market is very soft .

The fixed costs are always going to be there and the fewer cars they build, the more it costs per vehicle to build them. just divide the number of vehicles into the total costs. They probably have little to no room to reduce the price and still show a profit. Making totally unrealistic claims leads people to not take anything you say seriously. What GM needs to do is to project a totally class act that people will respect. Ed Welburn is the one guy who projects a genuinely dedicated image and is good for the Corvette. The rest, to me at least, come across as stuffed shirts, full of hot air and really not being car people that we could identify with and relate to. GM needs to change this.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.