Trying to learn about the foam cannon for washing. I See the bottle and nozzle on Amazon. I still don’t understand some of it.
- what goes in the bottle? Soap? Water? Both?
- does a water hose attach to the bottle?
- is the soap normal car wash soap?
- does it require a trigger between air hose and bottle? Or does the hose connect directly to the bottle?
- what’s the advantage of a foam canon?
- any brands better than others?

Thanks!

Requires foaming soap in the bottle, attach bottle to pressure washer. Adjust width of foam spray and strength. Spray on the foam and let it sit for a bit. Then wash car by hand, rinse..Many suggest full rinse prior to applying foam...I previously tried these...gave it to my son as it did not really add any benefit to me...just more time.

I used Chemical Guys which seems to be the most popular brand with pros...watch a few youtube vids...makes it very clear

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
As AndrewJ has stated a foam CANNON requires a pressure washer. I have a Simoniz unit that I got from CTC and use it with my pressure washer.
I use the Chemical Guys "Mr Pink" soap and it makes a really nice thick layer of soap foam. Add 2 oz to the bottle fill the rest with water and you will get the coverage that you see in the post by Maximus74.
The alternative is a foam GUN which you attach to your garden hose. It does a pretty good job but the foam is not as thick as the cannon. I have one of those also and again it is a Simoniz unit picked up on sale at Can Tire. For the days when I am lazy and the car is not really dirty just a bit dusty and I don't want to go to the trouble of setting up the pressure washer.
I like the Simoniz units because they are cheaper that the Chemical Guys units and are readily available at Can Tire. In fact on the foam gun the only difference I can see between the Simoniz unit and the Chemical Guys unit is the color of the cap.
The foam gun will use more soap than the cannon based on my experience.

• Informative
Ya, I have a Simoniz unit from C.T. as well. It came with a foam cannon and I just use soap from anywhere and it makes foam. I'm not experienced enough with the soaps to know which cleans better, but Thom, I haven't tried it yet, but I do have some Zaino soap left and I'll bet it will foam also. Maybe I'll try it if the car ever gets dirty gain. lol

Trying to learn about the foam cannon for washing. I See the bottle and nozzle on Amazon. I still don’t understand some of it.
- does it require a trigger between air hose and bottle? Or does the hose connect directly to the bottle?

Thanks!
Try to find a pressure washer with 2.0 gpm and higher it will be better for the snow foam gun and you can change the screen filter inside the gun to have more foam only like $3 on Amazon

• Informative
Try to find a pressure washer with 2.0 gpm and higher it will be better for the snow foam gun and you can change the screen filter inside the gun to have more foam only like $3 on Amazon
Mine does 1.4 GPM. So Should I just use the regular Chemical Guys Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo?

I have Chem Guys foam blaster and just bought the Costco Auto-Chem Ultra Brite concentrated car wash. Haven’t tried it yet but will once i get mods done.

Thanks!
if you want to hack your snow foam to ad more foam, change the orifice inside, when new the gun have a orifice of 1.3 you can buy a 1.1 or 1.0 and you will see a lot of difference but you need a pressure washer around 2.0 gpm
Amazon product ASIN B091GK6RRL

I bought the cheap foam cannon from Amazon about $30 or less and it works fine.
For me, almost any car wash soap will `foam`. Its a matter of how much soap for put in the container.
I used `honey dew` 20% in bottle a fill rest with water during the winter.. You will learn on how to adjust the nozzle quickly.
Tossing foam on the car wont clean it much as its mean to drip and take away loose dirt. Don`t expect to lift off bird poop or crusted mud or road grind and don`t let it dry. When using the foam cannon , its a good show as people drive by and see a white foamed coated car.

Most time I use the pressure washer to rinse away dirt then fill bottle10-15% with gold glass wash. Then rinse off, then use the 2 bucket way to hand wash the car with ` gold class` from Meguiars or any other ph neutral car soap.. Then rinse.
I`ll be using this method after I add some Avalon King ceramic.

I bought the cheap foam cannon from Amazon about $30 or less and it works fine.
For me, almost any car wash soap will `foam`. Its a matter of how much soap for put in the container.
I used `honey dew` 20% in bottle a fill rest with water during the winter.. You will learn on how to adjust the nozzle quickly.
Tossing foam on the car wont clean it much as its mean to drip and take away loose dirt. Don`t expect to lift off bird poop or crusted mud or road grind and don`t let it dry. When using the foam cannon , its a good show as people drive by and see a white foamed coated car.

Most time I use the pressure washer to rinse away dirt then fill bottle10-15% with gold glass wash. Then rinse off, then use the 2 bucket way to hand wash the car with ` gold class` from Meguiars or any other ph neutral car soap.. Then rinse.
I`ll be using this method after I add some Avalon King ceramic.
i use honeydew 2.0 to 2.5 onze per liter i have a cheap amazon gun with a 1.1 orifice and i have a lot of foam

I bought a foam cannon. Should have bought a decent bourbon instead.
Since you said “cannon” I’m presuming that you also have a pressure washer as well? I dont understand why you apparently are unhappy with your purchase because I thoroughly enjoy my foam cannon and find it is easy to clean my cars/motorcycle and along with my Master Blaster there is less chance of putting swirls in the paint when either washing or drying my vehicles!

Since you said “cannon” I’m presuming that you also have a pressure washer as well? I dont understand why you apparently are unhappy with your purchase because I thoroughly enjoy my foam cannon and find it is easy to clean my cars/motorcycle and along with my Master Blaster there is less chance of putting swirls in the paint when either washing or drying my vehicles!
Love my Master Blaster. The cannon is a gimmick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.