Nov 16, 2017
VetteCoins
I have Weather Tech floor matts in my C7's and thought I would get them for my C8. The C8 matts arrived a week after I put the car away for the winter, but decided to pull the cover off today, reconnect the battery and put the Weather Tech matts in the C8. They fit perfectly, definitely worth getting them.
PXL_20201129_170107017.jpg
PXL_20201129_171106839.jpg

Definitely a great fit Gord. So did you sit in the C8 for a while before tucking it back to bed?

Thanks Zedaholic and hello again. You'll remember kindly giving me a personal tour of your C8 during my long wait for mine. I'm not sure what you paid for the Weather Tech mats, but back in September I purchased the C8 OEM (GM part #84534619) "heavy-duty" all-weather mats that look similar to the Weather Tech but come with the C8 logo, for Can.$166.68 + gst + ship, online from "BuyKippScottGMParts.ca" in Red Deer, AB. See stock photo below. This gives another option for anyone looking to get upgraded floor mats. I think this style of mats is superior to any cloth version.

You can also save on ship costs by picking up anything you order from BuyKippScottGMParts.ca, for a $2.00 handling fee. Hope this helps out.

Attachments

• C8 Mats.jpg
    C8 Mats.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
Thanks Zedaholic and hello again. You'll remember kindly giving me a personal tour of your C8 during my long wait for mine. I'm not sure what you paid for the Weather Tech mats, but back in September I purchased the C8 OEM (GM part #84534619) "heavy-duty" all-weather mats that look similar to the Weather Tech but come with the C8 logo, for Can.$166.68 + gst + ship, online from "BuyKippScottGMParts.ca" in Red Deer, AB. See stock photo below. This gives another option for anyone looking to get upgraded floor mats. I think this style of mats is superior to any cloth version.

You can also save on ship costs by picking up anything you order from BuyKippScottGMParts.ca, for a $2.00 handling fee. Hope this helps out.
Hello again, glad to hear that you finally got your car. There aren't many C8 convertibles that made it to Canada. I paid $167.95 all in for my Weather Tech matts which were shipped to my place within 10 days of ordering.

Once spring arrives in 2021, and Covid restrictions are a thing of the past, we'll have to get together to take pictures of both cars.

Take care

• Agree
Reactions: gone
Why would you have to hook up the battery? Just put a battery trickle charger on it.
I disconnect the battery for two reasons:
1. Reduce the risk of fire as I have an attached garage (lost a garage years ago to an electrical issue with a car). If you store your vehicle in a warehouse with other vehicles, they will most likely ask you to do the same for the same reason.
2. The oil life monitor will have the same reading when I reconnect in the spring as when I disconnected the battery for storage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.