Status
Not open for further replies.
Floor jacks
Category: Other
Deal Link: 4 Ton Low-Profile Floor Jack | Princess Auto
Retailer: Princess auto
Sale Price: $169.99
Discount: regular price $249.99

I am wondering if anyone has bought one of these and if it will work on a 19 Grandsport?
Hemi is correct. The 2 ton is lots. I have the Princess auto xtra low profile model and love it. Really like the jacking pad better than the little round pad and this only weighs 61 pounds. PA has them on sale quite often. The 3 3/4 would likely work on a non lowered Vette but possibly not if you had a flat tire first. Not that you're gonna carry these jacks around with you anyway. JMO

1579367897680.png

Reactions: nascar03
Only used mine on the vette once. Really like the rubber rectangular pad. Eases my mind about slipping... Not that I know if the round metal ones would. No problem with hydraulics as have also used several times on other vehicles. Nice thing about Princess is a worry free return policy pretty much forever. I took an angle grinder back after using it 3 years. If you have a receipt, they give money back. If no receipt and they can't find the purchase on their computer, they give the last sale price refund back. Pretty hard to beat that.

Reactions: Kanuck
I have the same Jack and haven't used it on the C7 yet. Was wondering if it will clear the Side Skirts and if there would be any issues with the Rectangular Pad Vs a Round Pad that fit the Jack Pucks. Thoughts??

Clears my Aero7 skirts no problem

Reactions: Kanuck
It looks similar in dimensions to the 3 ton model they sell at Costco (Black Jack).

I have the Costco one, and after 4 (maybe 5?) years of service, I'm very happy with it. The wife drives a Murano, and I drive an F150 king cab long box, the 3 ton capacity is fine for either. Remember, you're not lifting the whole vehicle. Even if you buy it JUST for your Vette, you'll eventually end up using it for other jobs too, so nothing wrong with a little extra muscle. It gets under the sides and rear of my lowered C5 just fine. Jacking from the rear, I have the Corsa Tigershark tips back there (no center gap), so I have to short-stroke it until I get it up high enough to get a bigger swing on the pump handle. For the front, fugget abat it... you need to ramp first.

As for the weight, yeah, the Black Jack is a pig too, but I've only ever had to lift it twice... from the store into the car, and out of the car into the garage. Keep the wheels and casters properly lubed, and you won't notice the weight rolling it around. If you're on gravel, then no matter what you buy, it'll be a beyotch.

Built in rubber pads are a sore point with me. I've had a jack with those before. After a couple of years of use, especially on vehicles where you jack on the edge of the rocker, or if you get a stud into it, the pads get cut up, deformed and chewed to s**t. Good luck getting a replacement pad. I prefer the steel saddle, using an 8" square piece of 3/4" plywood for front/rear jacking on my C5. The saddle cup bites into the plywood, as does the the edges of the sub frame, so the car isn't going to go anywhere but up. On my C5, a hockey puck fitted with an eyebolt for side point jacking. Both are easily replaceable.

All in all, if it's anything like the Black Jack, then I would snag it at that price. Besides, as Rruff said... Princess is awful hard to beat on after sale service.

Reactions: Tango
I like the 2 3/4" low lift height. They often come on sale at PA as well. I got mine for $129.99. Some of the guys that have them picked them up a while back for $99.00 I believe...

I just bought last week this jack because it will lift 24" high. It' heavy as as 1 1/2 bags of concrete mix. Any lower than that you can't really work under the car. If all your'e doing is changing tires buy a small one. When I work under my trucks I need space. I've started to use home made ramps and if I need more height I stack 4x4 lumber in a crib and put my 20 ton bottle jack in the center.

About the rubber pad on the jack, they fall off and I toss them in the garbage. Canadian Tire jacks are good and better quality and that's what I buy. Just wait for a sale. My heavy duty 3 ton has been working fine since I bought it and use it at least 20 times a year for trucks, my work van is 8000 pounds. I also have an aluminum one and I love it because it's light but I use only for the GF's car.

IMG_20200115_154946134.jpg

I'm still waiting on Canadian tire for the sale on the jack Tango but in the meantime this one is on sale at princess auto now.
Does anyone know anything or have one of these jacks ? It seems like not a bad deal.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on Canadian tire for the sale on the jack Tango but in the meantime this one is on sale at princess auto now.
Does anyone know anything or have one of these jacks ? It seems like not a bad deal.

The Princess Auto looks okay but it doesn't have a long profile reach if you need to go deep under a car some some reason. Depends on how much versatility you want from a jack. The one at CT raises 5" higher and that's very important for me to raise it when you need to go underneath. The one at CT was on sale about 3-4 weeks ago so maybe another month and it should come back on sale.

I bought the low profile jack from Harbour Freight and its the same as Princess Auto. Blue/Silver color. 1-1/2 ton.
Works great and I have the side skirts on my car. I use hockey pucks or rubber dock bumpers as they are softer than pucks and slightly compress to get a sure grip in the lift spots.

Attachments

• Floor jack.jpg
    Floor jack.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 86
I got that jack an hour ago Tango, it's on sale at Canadian Tire for $199.00 from the ctc in Mississauga. A great deal from $299.00 for anyone that wants one! It isn't listed on sale in the flyer so i'm not sure if they all have the sale.
Picked up the same unit today at a Canadian Tire in Missssauga for $179 as it was their last one. Thanks Tango

Last edited:
Reactions: Roughrider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread