Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
On Kijiji this 2007 Corvette was listed at $22k, then $37K and now $40K. SPECIAL 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe! - Oshawa / Durham Region Cars For Sale - Kijiji Oshawa / Durham Region Canada.

This was a reply to a question I sent when the car was first posted for $22K. Anyone want to check further......in Whitehorse, Yukon. I am NOT interested.

Hi,

This vehicle has absolutely no mechanical problem, the exterior has no scratches, rust or dents and the interior is like new, no accidents.All power and optional equipments are working perfectly.
The vehicle is with me in Whitehorse,Yukon ready to be delivered to its buyer with all the documents.
I have 2 options to complete this transaction,the first one is to come here and pick up the vehicle and the second one is to use a third party company who will deliver the vehicle in front of your door and take care of all transaction steps and payment process.(i have a signed agreement with them)
I am letting it go with shipping and handling included.Here in my little town it's very difficult to find a buyer,so i decided to post it in more cities.Let me know if you're interested and if you have questions.
If you agree with the above mentioned terms, leave me your phone number also and i will call you asap

John

No, there was a 96 c4 last week for like four grand. Some story about I had to give my name and info and complete transaction over ebay. I think they just want your info so they can do telemarketing. If it's too good to be true then forget it.

Its a scam. They want the transaction done via Paypal. You'll never see the car or your money again. The story's usually go as "Its part of my divorce settlement and I just want to get rid of it" Or "I'm working as an engineer on offshore drilling rigs and can't be there to deal with the sale of my car, hence the agreement with a shipping co"

To good to be true than it is. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

EDIT: The ad link you posted looks legit, also has what appears to be a real ph #. These scam ads will have only 1-3 poor quality pics, no ph number, and very non descriptive ad's. Also, look at the background, most of the scam ad's have pictures of the car with palm trees in the background......advertising a car from Winnipeg.

I do not do any kind of business until I get a name, address and a telephone number. That gets rid of the scammers pretty fast. Their line is getting pretty old and pretty obvious but I guess they still snag the odd person. In a pool of nearly 7 billion people, you can always find enough suckers I guess.

A couple of years ago there was a Chevelle for sale and you could see a dealer name on a sign in the background. I found the dealer on the internet and emailed him. I guess he had no end of trouble with people taking his ad pictures and using them to scam people. It did not help his business and reputation one bit either. The above ad does give a 905 phone number and Bowmanville address.....but the car is supposed to be in the Yukon. Everyone should let the guy think they are interested and lead him on forever.

I will not even consider anything on Kijji.
I only by from Ebay as you get a record of the seller, and they will help you out if you have an issue with a seller I am told.
I have never had a bad purchase on Ebay.

when buying from internet ads you need to exercise the same caution as you would have back in the day with newspaper ads. i think that most of the time folks are stung by buying sight unseen. these days the internet puts so much in front of us so quickly that the legwork we would have done in days gone by is neglected.

Kijjijji , e-bay, any of the Internet sites are just fine for looking at and researching a few cars, get an idea of prices and so on............ but to just send a guy a chunk of change and hope you get the car.....will never happen in my case anyway. I mean you really can't tell much from pictures, they are only a starting point. I want to see the car up close, put it on a hoist and get a real view, even then were talking used cars.......... there is so much to look at and ask / research......... site unseen...I don't think so .

We saw the car we bought on Kijiji. We went to see it at the guy's place, went for a drive in it and made the deal. A few days later, when he had it safetied, we went back with a certified cheque. We went to the bank and deposited it then to the license bureau to change over the ownership, got the plates and drove the car home. It was a little reassuring in that we were dealing with a police officer. I was warned not to buy anything from Eastern Ontario or Quebec. The chances of having problems aren't worth the risk. Apparently cars with salvage titles go to Quebec and come back with a clear title. Not good. You have to keep your eyes open.

Kijjijji , e-bay, any of the Internet sites are just fine for looking at and researching a few cars, get an idea of prices and so on............

but to just send a guy a chunk of change and hope you get the car.....will never happen in my case anyway.
I mean you really can't tell much from pictures, they are only a starting point. I want to see the car up close, put it on a hoist and get a real view, even then were talking used cars.......... there is so much to look at and ask / research......... site unseen...I don't think so .
----------------

Not all true... I have bought 4 off e-bay my close friend, hundreds of trucks..
e-bay has insurance.. personal preference but thousands of vehicles are sold every day sucessfuly common sense prevails

ebay does have insurance and using Pay Pal works great however, as mentioned on another thread, Pay Pal does NOT cover you on purchases outside of ebay.

I'm with Brian on this one. I would like to see the car before I buy it. Especially if it's outside my province. I took my friend with a journeyman's ticket to look at my Corvette. I think we were both a little stunned by it's beauty and I didn't know a lot about the C5's at the time so it was more of an inspection to see if the drool would stain or not.:rofl:

If someone wants to hoist a car I am selling, that is fine with me but they have to do it out of pocket and if they buy it, we can work that into the price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.