Jun 9, 2015
pickering
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2lt HTC
Province
ON
Washed with Dawn dish soap to remove all wax , dirt etc. Then did a clay bar with Meguiers Gold class wash as lube.
This was to prepare for for a polish before waxing.
I made a rough pattern to place over the engine grill , made a cover with the C8 delivery wrap and attached with old trusty 3M blue painters tape.
Used a power washer carefully and cover did not detach! NO water got in and I can retape and reuse.
When using a power washer , pay attention not to spray near front rad grills and vents in side scoops so next time cover up with cloth.
When I started the engine, after awhile steam came up from the rads as water had got in .

cover1.jpg cover2.jpg

Of course, your water leakage my vary.

• Love
Reactions: marcus86 and BDK
with a HTC , you should cover since you can`t view the engine .
BTW, I`m thinking about a 3d graphic of the coupe engine cover (maybe with moving rockers) or a large windup toy key to put on top of the heat sheild.
Might fool a few.

Washed with Dawn dish soap to remove all wax , dirt etc. Then did a clay bar with Meguiers Gold class wash as lube.
I made a rough pattern to place over the engine grill , made a cover with the C8 delivery wrap and attached with old trusty 3M blue painters tape.
Used a power washer carefully and cover did not detach! NO water got in and I can retape and reuse.
When using a power washer , pay attention not to spray near front rad grills and vents in side scoops so next time cover up with cloth.
When I started the engine, after awhile steam came up from the rads as water had got in .

View attachment 44840 View attachment 44841

Just wash the car: the car was designed and engineered to be driven in all kinds of weather including washing it. Their are meds for OCD. If I buy one , I certainly will not be obsessing about some water.:heavycar:

View attachment 44840 View attachment 44841

It is nice to see someone do your own detailing as l also do my own work and save $1500. l will make my vent covers out of neoprene as it is self sealing and needs no tape

I use dawn soap only ONCE to remove any wax, solvents etc applied at factory and dealer and rinse very well. This is the one any only time. I clay barred and polish. This prepares the finish for the wrap I`m getting and later any ppf film you like.
Afterwards use the best neutral car wash with no wax. THEN apply your wax, or ceramic or Graphine ,

l have used quality dish soap on my rides since the 70s and never have l had any issues. l also only used good quality waxes perhaps 3 times a year with no issues. All this hype about ceramic coating and clay rubdowns is just another cash grab for the dealers and scam artists that want to take your money. l am sure it is a good product but a good old wash and wax is the way to go. And you can use that $$$ for other bling items that do not need rubbing ever year .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread