Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Courtesy of Sportscar 365: The first photos of Chevrolet’s all-new mid-engined GTE Corvette have been revealed, amid the early stages of the Pratt & Miller-built car’s testing and development program.

Sportscar365 has obtained exclusive images of the car, likely to be named the Corvette C8.R, which was spied testing Wednesday at Road America.
Dressed in a camouflage livery, the new Corvette completed laps around the four-mile Wisconsin circuit, in what’s understood to be the first track test following an initial rollout at the GM proving grounds near Detroit earlier this year.
It comes just days after the team scored a double podium finish with its current-generation Corvette C7.Rs, in the ninth round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
Details on the all-new car have been extremely limited, largely due to the production car not yet having been officially announced.
Both the road and race cars are expected to be formally presented at January’s North American...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Looks great even in the camo wrap. The car is so low in stance. Virtually no wheel gap which is extremely visually pleasing to me. Functional too I assume. Some big air exit vents on the front fenders. I expect the front is packed with heat exchangers and fans. Wonder if we are getting back to the hot center tunnel full of fluid lines back and forth from the heat exchangers. See a little scoop on the back ahead of the wing too. Interesting to see if this makes it into the production road models.
First impression of this cars appearance is Wow good for me. 👍

… and we wonder why Derek & I just keep jabbering on about whether one of us will start to seriously kick C7 Zr1 tires when this C8 is apparently coming around the corner … I just hope they still roll new Zr1s off assembly once we get to see the real C8 - just in case I really don't like it. The drawback is that I just lose interest in both and keep what we already have … which isn't really a drawback at all.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Much better pictures … is it me or does this look way too close to the ground for it to be a retail production version?

It's a C8.R Spence so it's the race car not the production car. It will share the body panels/shape; suspension, aero and tires will be different from the production vehicle. Definitely won't be as low. Having said that it's got a fair bit sex on wheels appeal to me even in camo.

Last edited:
Its a pretty good looking body..... however, I'm not overly keen on the look of the taillights. IMO they should not have 'bastardized' the C7 lights to adapt them to the new C8. I'm also thinking the side air intakes may not be as aggressive on the non R version C8..... but I hope I'm wrong.

This is just a first Photoshop render based on the camo pic.

FB_IMG_1533942038703.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.