Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.53.14 AM.png

In my younger years I owned a couple of Hayabusa's (Gen 1 and 2) and this car reminds me of one so I thought it would be fitting.
Younger years?? Jeez, I'm 51, and still enjoy the occasional track day at Calabogie on my CBR 1000RR race bike. Its great fun.. .(the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on, as they say. LOL)

Reactions: vintageracer
In my younger years I owned a couple of Hayabusa's (Gen 1 and 2) and this car reminds me of one so I thought it would be fitting.

You'd have to really be into sport m'cycles and know the Hayabusa (aka "Busa") brand, to understand your plate. Thanks for that explanation.

Reactions: ABC
Anybody into motorcycles would have heard of a hayabusa . Even people not into Rock and Roll know who Elvis Presley is, lol
Agreed, absolutely. Most people know what a 'Busa is, since it started the whole "hyper bike" evolution over 2 decades ago. Never owned one myself, but, I did own a Super Blackbird CBR 1100XX and a Ninja ZX14 at one point, so, I get the attraction to them. You ever head out to Shubenacadia to AMP? Did many a race and track day out there from the early 90's until 2014, its a great race track and earns it's name "the rollercoaster" for good reason, since I lived in Halifax until then and moved up to Ottawa in 2015. (work reasons).

The new Busa still catches my interest. If I had more garage space, I would seriously consider it. I think they've managed to maintain the soul of the bike, but update it with some modern tech.

I went from an R1 last season to a Ducati Streetfighter. The SF goes like a bat of out of hell, but the wind is a handful at highway speeds. Next bike will be back to full fairing with a big windshield.

Younger years?? Jeez, I'm 51, and still enjoy the occasional track day at Calabogie on my CBR 1000RR race bike. Its great fun.. .(the most fun you can legally have with your clothes on, as they say. LOL)
Are you still racing? Or just track days?

I was doing some SV cup nearly 20 years ago, but the time and money commitment for a full race weekend was just too much.

Reactions: pozi240
Are you still racing? Or just track days?

I was doing some SV cup nearly 20 years ago, but the time and money commitment for a full race weekend was just too much.
Just the odd track day now... it's not nearly the same for sure, but, it's enough to get that "fix". The SV cup was an awesome series! That SV650 is very capable platform and surprisingly fast in the right hands.

My last sport bike was a modified Kawasaki ZX14. Crazy fast and smoother than the Busa. I rode a Busa once and it is a scary beast.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    438.2 KB · Views: 24
Anybody into motorcycles would have heard of a hayabusa . Even people not into Rock and Roll know who Elvis Presley is, lol

I'm getting old. I was into motorcycles for years but always Honda's: starting with the 1979 CB750 Ltd. anniversary edition followed by 3 successive Gold Wings. My last Wing (the 25th anniversary 2000 year) sadly rode off into the sunset with someone else riding it after purchasing it from me (so NOT stolen; LOL) around 2002 (it's too traumatic to remember the year let alone the date accurately...sigh) after I succumbed to a persistent spouse who worried that I'd leave her a widow with 3 young kids, even though I'd NEVER had a bike accident before. But I'd never heard of Hayabusa even though I see that brand has been around since 1999. Live and learn; always nice to learn new things.

Reactions: kerry4
I've owned a few Honda's over the years. A Honda VFR800, A Blackbird, and my favourite was my Honda 929 Fireblade. Had it all polished and other mods done to it. Was actually featured in a sport bike magazine long time ago. They only made this colour combo for one year in and only for Canada. not in the states. Took it to bike week in Daytona one time and other sport riders went nuts over it. Wish I still had it, but several years ago got into Harleys because my old back couldn't handle the crotch rockets any more. LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_2299.JPG
    IMG_2299.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 16
Very nice bike Kerry, years ago i had the first GISXER in Atlantic Canada (750) and did a ride to Old Orchard Beach in Maine and there would be like 40 people gather round every time i parked. They thought i was from Europe bc they couldn't get it that year in the US.
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 10.20.29 AM.png
The look on their faces when i said that i was from NS Canada was hilarious. The bike that i wish i had never sold was an 1983 1100 Katana, very rare and still looks like from Star Wars today, lol

Reactions: kerry4
Very nice bike Kerry, years ago i had the first GISXER in Atlantic Canada (750) and did a ride to Old Orchard Beach in Maine and there would be like 40 people gather round every time i parked. They thought i was from Europe bc they couldn't get it that year in the US. View attachment 83682The look on their faces when i said that i was from NS Canada was hilarious. The bike that i wish i had never sold was an 1983 1100 Katana, very rare and still looks like from Star Wars today, lol
Ahhh yes. The legendary Gixxer "Slingshot". Wicked bike in the day. I "cut my teeth"learning to ride on those bikes. I was alwats jealous that the Americans got the first gen GSX-R 600s but we didn't. I was riding an Uber rare unicorn at the time though, an 86 Honda NS400R....the boys in the US would have given their vital organs to get one. Biggest regret ever not keeping that bike.

Very nice bike Kerry, years ago i had the first GISXER in Atlantic Canada (750) and did a ride to Old Orchard Beach in Maine and there would be like 40 people gather round every time i parked. They thought i was from Europe bc they couldn't get it that year in the US. View attachment 83682The look on their faces when i said that i was from NS Canada was hilarious. The bike that i wish i had never sold was an 1983 1100 Katana, very rare and still looks like from Star Wars today, lol
Love love loved that color scheme on the 929. Used to ride with a guy with that exact bike. I had the new ZX10R (in Kawi green)at the time, no one ever noticed me since everyone was staring at him. Lol.

Liked the very first Busa in 1999 in that copper and cream colour. Think it was the fasted stock bike on the planet at that time. Be hard to find one now, but it was a classic.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.