Short Circuit

Casual User
You're 5
Oct 17, 2018
Fisherville
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Corvette
Finally got the Chevy II out to the track for a few runs on the Monday of the long weekend and last weekend
We turned the timing back a bit so not to run in the nine second range (roll cage isn’t certified and I don’t have my license)
Made two runs on that Monday. Final run was a 10.21 at 129 miles an hour
This weekend passed was our first race and got to time trials in on Saturday before it rained in was cancelled out.
Sunday was rain in the morning but cleared up I got one more time trial in before first round of eliminations
I’ve got the car down to 10.02 seconds at 131.9 miles an hour. This is right where I want to be with for this car without having to license and certify the cage.
It really is a fun ride LOLView attachment 27677View attachment 27678

Attachments

• 9400A389-1002-4A79-B595-679701FBC3EA.jpeg
    9400A389-1002-4A79-B595-679701FBC3EA.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2AE3E3F5-BED6-441C-8968-3517D084F614.png
    2AE3E3F5-BED6-441C-8968-3517D084F614.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Finally got the Chevy II out to the track for a few runs on the Monday of the long weekend and last weekend
We turned the timing back a bit so not to run in the nine second range (roll cage isn’t certified and I don’t have my license)
Made two runs on that Monday. Final run was a 10.21 at 129 miles an hour
This weekend passed was our first race and got to time trials in on Saturday before it rained in was cancelled out.
Sunday was rain in the morning but cleared up I got one more time trial in before first round of eliminations
I’ve got the car down to 10.02 seconds at 131.9 miles an hour. This is right where I want to be with for this car without having to license and certify the cage.
It really is a fun ride LOLView attachment 27677View attachment 27678

Love the Chevy II. use to race my 72 340 Duster against my buddies Chevy II on a regular basis...lol... If you want to post a video, you need to upload it to Youtube or Vimeo or one of the other video host sites and then share the link here. I'm pretty sure the members would love to see it. :thumbs:

Reactions: Short Circuit
When I get a chance I’ll upload a couple of videos to my YouTube channel
It’s a great ride, really pulls hard all the way down track but especially in low gear
Ok it’s got a 540” big block Chev with Eagle internals, Brodix heads, 1150 Dominator carb somewhere between 750-800 hp
Power glide transmission with a trans brake and a 4500 stall converter
Dana 60 rear end with 4.88 gears
14/31” rear slicks
I haven’t used the trans brake yet just foot braked the car
Love the sound of this engine 👍

I do love the Chevy II. Awesome car, even before Daddy Dave.

Is that actually a 65? The tails are different. Oh wait, lemme call backup! Ahem, @XFIRE82 , is this too new for you?

Fine looking car, and those are some good passes! I do love the new terminology of "turning it down", instead of them old buggers like me using that on/off switch as a proportional lever instead.

I like the shorty wheelie-bar on the back! Does it unpin and tuck under the bumper when you are not racing? That is a very nice piece!

I do love the Chevy II. Awesome car, even before Daddy Dave.

Is that actually a 65? The tails are different. Oh wait, lemme call backup! Ahem, @XFIRE82 , is this too new for you?
.......I'm abit late to confirm, but yes this awesome machine is a 65. The inside tail light was a clear backup light but now is red. '66 the tail and reverse light was one long vertical bezel with both lenses.

Yep its a 65
The wheelie bars just stay where they are when I'm not racing
I can't justify spending the money to certify the cage and get my license for 3 tenths and 5 mph just not worth it to me

I hear you. I kinda want to take my car to the track and run an 11.49 and get kicked off the track for not having a cage, and I will never install one.

I'm glad you are having fun, and that car looks great!

Thanks for the confirmation @XFIRE82 . The tail lights were what clued me in, too. I don't know if that makes it any more rare, but it's definitely a sweet-ass car!

Nice, nice, nice!
I love how they gave you the track to yourself, unless that's me on the busa in the background!
I requested a single pass on the first 2 passes just in case things went south on those 2 passes since I had not driven the car before.
Were you there on the Monday of the long weekend ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.