Featured Thread
Jan 31, 2018
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2011 GS A6
Sadly, I don't post that much here. Nonetheless, I finally got bored enough to unwrap the vette, take all the winterizing stuff out of it, uncork the exhaust, and fire it up last week. It started like it had just run yesterday, even after 5 1/2 months of hibernation. Not a coincidence that it was a nice sunny day, albeit a bit cool at around 5C. Doesn't matter, since I have Michelin AS3+ zp rubber all around. Then for a drive along the mostly deserted QEW for a bit to get oil temps up to 103C, and then to a Humber River (Toronto) park for a quick pic. The bridge behind is the Bloor Street bridge, build in 1923.
Humber Bridge 27 Mar 2020.jpg

Further to the first ride, I've taken it out a few times since, latest on Sunday (I think) to silicon all of the weather seals. Of course, this mean taking the targa top off, and even though it was around 7C, took it for a spin around the hood. Not too bad with the heater on full blast, but I did get some unusual looks from the few pedestrians I saw. Will it ever warm up, though? Looks like a cool couple of weeks ahead.🥶

Yes beautiful Vette! Here in Edmonton I'm starting to see some motorcycles out the last couple of days when the afternoon temperatures have reached around +4. No nice sports cars yet. We still have snow in places (unlike your photo), lots of potholes from the winter and the usual grit on the pavement. Right now it's +8 which is the warmest it's been in a long while, so I'm hoping to see my first C8 "live and in the wild" soon. You're lucky to be enjoying your car this soon.

I still have mine on 4 jack stands in my garage. I did the fluid change out on all the systems, and the last was the oil change today. I also changed out the rear axle nuts while I had it up in the air.
I'll clean the underbody, and wheel wells, etc, before putting the wheels back on, and a wax job.
No rush, were under emergency orders, staying close to home, and our usual Spring Shopping trip to the Northeast USA was cancelled due to the border closure, and the Covid-19 pandemic.
The C6 won't get many road trips this summer, and if so, it will be only exploring the province of NB.

Stay safe everyone.

we have been asked to stay home and maybe I am the only one but thats what I am doing. Always put Insurance on April 1 but not this year, will wait till we are told its ok.. Have a Harley thats itching to go out so I have been doing a lot of polishing.

Reactions: COP8
Stay home if you have covid.
Stay home if you have just returned from travel.
Stay home unless its necessary to go
out for something.
At a point in time, we need to take care of
“What’s necessary” ..... Then go right back home into the cave.
“What’s necessary” is not defined and unless you have a Corvette, one may not understand.
I am not out there yet but “necessary day” is getting soooooo close.

Last edited:
Stay home if you have covid.
Stay home if you have just returned from travel.
Stay home unless its necessary to go
Out for something.
At a point in time, we need to take care of
“What’s necessary” ..... Then go right back home into the cave.
“What’s necessary” is not defined and unless you have a Corvette, one may not understand.
I am not out there yet but “necessary day” is getting soooooo close.

well things are starting to loosen up here in Ontario, Prem. Ford is opening the parks and some stores, he forgot to mention that it was ok to take the Corvettes out for a drive but i'm sure that was just an oversight on his part so i'm going to take my bride for a mother's day cruise today, a little cool but it will give the heater a good workout. ....

Reactions: YFCvii
Snowed in Toronto yesterday and looks like it will snow again today.

We deserve some good weather to cheer us up.
Agreed
Good weather for the days ahead would definitely be a good start to help cheering up...
as much of the rest can be rather impossible to ask for ... selfish wishes for another day.
Got my first 15 minute run of 2020 in yesterday for A&W eggers ...
today I woke to snow in the air - hopeful though by it melting on the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Since I started this thread back on 30 March, I've managed to burn a full tank of gas. My sister asked if I did that just driving out of the garage, but no, mostly on 1 hour (to get oil up to temps) runs on the highways around Toronto. No need to stop anywhere, and of course kept my 2 meters away from other cars. Even though I used fuel stabilizer back at the end of October when I put it away, I'd rather not keep stale-ish gas around until it warms up, which looking ahead isn't going to happen any time soon. Seems like the polar vortex is centered right over my house, and while you might laugh, the ambient air temp sensor seems to think so too.

👆🏻You can only be assured 100%
By asking a Dealership. Anyone
Here can easily say No Problem ...
but we Are not the “warranty gods” .... just Be up&up with any good GM Corvette dealer And you can then be assured.
Most anyone here will give you
A speculative answer so I won’t
Begin to guess what is ok ....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread