My understanding is that the YouTuber “Speed Phenom” (Austin) was the first to take a Museum Delivery of a new Z06. No doubt we’ll soon see him post a ton of new YouTube videos all about it. Here’s the video showing his departure in a Torch Red coupe with visible carbon fibre rims:

Reactions: Murray20c8
GM has put social influencers (YouTubers) at the front of the line, recognizing the millions of free PR dollars they generate. Expect to see more of these people getting their Z06’s and posting all about it, then posting about their driving experience, their accessories (many obtained free from sponsors), etc. The same for the E-Ray, followed by the other c8 variants, and the cycle continues with the C9 generation…

• Agree
GM has put social influencers (YouTubers) at the front of the line, recognizing the millions of free PR dollars they generate. Expect to see more of these people getting their Z06’s and posting all about it, then posting about their driving experience, their accessories (many obtained free from sponsors), etc. The same for the E-Ray, followed by the other c8 variants, and the cycle continues with the C9 generation…
Well, I won't deny that some of these people put a ton of time and effort to make content. I barely have time to drive my car as it is. So if that's their career choice, I guess good on them for getting a unit before the rest of us peasants.

I ultimately wish that GM could improve supply...I'm number 50 something at Spencers...which is probably another 3-5 years.

• Sad
I hear you...the wait is bad and made ++++ worse by GM sending (since the 2021 MY) what were Canadian allocations to Japan, Australia and (mostly) Europe. Not sure if that will ever change, since GM favours its US market and doesn't want to cut US allocations. Having said that, if there was a big backlash and Canada (for example) became "Fortress Ford" with everyone turning away from GM and buying Ford, that might get GM's attention. I put down a deposit for a Lotus Emira and never would have done so, if I knew I'd be getting a Z06 allocation sooner, but lost hope when I saw the ++ reduced Canadian C8 allocations. I've used Ford as an example, but insert Lotus, Porsche, or any other non-GM brands, and any of those will result in GM losing Canadian market share, and in some cases...forever due to disgruntled buyers finding other manufacturers to satisfy their sport car cravings and developing brand loyalty for them.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I hear you...the wait is bad and made ++++ worse by GM sending (since the 2021 MY) what were Canadian allocations to Japan, Australia and (mostly) Europe. Not sure if that will ever change, since GM favours its US market and doesn't want to cut US allocations.
Especially when you consider that Ontario alone is their 5th largest market in North America. It's insane that GM ignores some basic facts.

I hear you...the wait is bad and made ++++ worse by GM sending (since the 2021 MY) what were Canadian allocations to Japan, Australia and (mostly) Europe. Not sure if that will ever change, since GM favours its US market and doesn't want to cut US allocations. Having said that, if there was a big backlash and Canada (for example) became "Fortress Ford" with everyone turning away from GM and buying Ford, that might get GM's attention. I put down a deposit for a Lotus Emira and never would have done so, if I knew I'd be getting a Z06 allocation sooner, but lost hope when I saw the ++ reduced Canadian C8 allocations. I've used Ford as an example, but insert Lotus, Porsche, or any other non-GM brands, and any of those will result in GM losing Canadian market share, and in some cases...forever due to disgruntled buyers finding other manufacturers to satisfy their sport car cravings and developing brand loyalty for them.

Especially when you consider that Ontario alone is their 5th largest market in North America. It's insane that GM ignores some basic facts.

Ahhhhh.... the old boycott play. There has been many attempts and calls here in Alberta to boycott companies that people felt were being unfair. The latest being calls to boycott certain gasoline companies who were supposedly setting the high price for fuel.
'For a month if no-one in Alberta buys gas at XXX service stations, they will lose millions and bow down to pressure. Unfortunately, as good as this sounds, it never works when only a handful of people actually give a shite or pay any attention. But by all means give it a try to convince the Canada market to boycott GM. Lemme know how that works for you.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'm not one to advocate a "GM boycott" which would be akin to hitting one's head against the wall, hoping the wall will move. However if there's a natural progression of Canadian buyers away from GM products due to GM "boycotting" the Canadian market by choking off Canadian allocations, then that should have an effect over time on GM's Canadian market share. It won't happen quickly nor as a result of an organized campaign. With fewer Corvette allocations to Canada, the GM Corvette market share is already shrinking here. I suspect it will be further eroded by buyers deciding to put their money elsewhere, when they think they could be driving something else sooner. OR maybe I'm an exception (?)...seeing myself (for example) behind the wheel of a Lotus Emira in a year rather than the 2 years I'll have to wait for a Z06. Right now, GM is likely banking on being able to sell all C8's it can produce. When that changes (in a few years for the C8 Stingray? or with the C9 buyers, if electric proves less popular amongst the traditional internal combustion sport car crowd?) GM may then regret what it's doing now to its Canadian buyer base. Time will tell.

I agree to a point Vaughn but at the end of the day, in my opinion, GM is looking for the C8 and especially the Z06 to be a front runner in the challenge for overseas markets and the profit line for those sales is considerably more that little old Canada. So this would have to take into account all GM products in Canada before GM would begin to take notice. The Corvette north of the border is only a tiny fraction of total GM sales here and even a smaller fraction of people who are even aware of what the Corvette buyers are experiencing here. I may be wrong and that may be short sighted but that's what I think. Just my thoughts for what they are worth. :Biggrin:

• Agree
I agree to a point Vaughn but at the end of the day, in my opinion, GM is looking for the C8 and especially the Z06 to be a front runner in the challenge for overseas markets and the profit line for those sales is considerably more that little old Canada. So this would have to take into account all GM products in Canada before GM would begin to take notice. The Corvette north of the border is only a tiny fraction of total GM sales here and even a smaller fraction of people who are even aware of what the Corvette buyers are experiencing here. I may be wrong and that may be short sighted but that's what I think. Just my thoughts for what they are worth. :Biggrin:
And don't lump me in with the boycott idea. I just said that GM is not looking at their market very well. They can't keep up with the current domestic demand. Why would they invest in foreign markets when they can't satisfy the domestic market? It makes no fiscal sense.

If the demand is in foreign markets, the investment is small. They are losing 15% (give or take) on every Vette dollar that goes to Canada due to exchange relaxation. Big business goes where the money is. Stock holders don't care where. They only care about return.

I'm not one to advocate a "GM boycott" which would be akin to hitting one's head against the wall, hoping the wall will move. However if there's a natural progression of Canadian buyers away from GM products due to GM "boycotting" the Canadian market by choking off Canadian allocations, then that should have an effect over time on GM's Canadian market share. It won't happen quickly nor as a result of an organized campaign. With fewer Corvette allocations to Canada, the GM Corvette market share is already shrinking here. I suspect it will be further eroded by buyers deciding to put their money elsewhere, when they think they could be driving something else sooner. OR maybe I'm an exception (?)...seeing myself (for example) behind the wheel of a Lotus Emira in a year rather than the 2 years I'll have to wait for a Z06. Right now, GM is likely banking on being able to sell all C8's it can produce. When that changes (in a few years for the C8 Stingray? or with the C9 buyers, if electric proves less popular amongst the traditional internal combustion sport car crowd?) GM may then regret what it's doing now to its Canadian buyer base. Time will tell.
If you can get people to not buy (not using the word “boycott”) a Silverado or Canyon or all of the SUVs under the GM umbrella, then they may notice. The C8? Well, that’s like going to the supermarket and boycotting the salmon. No one will notice nor care.

If the demand is in foreign markets, the investment is small. They are losing 15% (give or take) on every Vette dollar that goes to Canada due to exchange relaxation. Big business goes where the money is. Stock holders don't care where. They only care about return.
They did go bankrupt you know. You think they really understand things that well?

If you can get people to not buy (not using the word “boycott”) a Silverado or Canyon or all of the SUVs under the GM umbrella, then they may notice. The C8? Well, that’s like going to the supermarket and boycotting the salmon. No one will notice nor care.
The key word in that whole post is "If"

If Corvette was a brand of KIA I would own a KIA. My dislike for GM is personal and will never leave. I did my part and just bought a new Ford Explorer. Just another can of salmon I guess.
I hear ya! I haven’t bought a Chrysler and now FCA vehicle since they screwed me for a couple hundred bucks with the first new car I ever bought 30 years ago. My personal boycott isn’t hurting them at all- it’s just the principle of the matter

• Agree
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.