I have run the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 on my Sonic and my C6 Corvette. They have been my street tire and I've used them in autocross regularly and on the track.

I love them.

I don't think you can get a better bang for your buck. They stick like glue, never had any issues in the rain, never hydroplaned once, wear nicely. The only catch is they aren't run-flats, if you feel you need that feature.

When pushed hard, they are very forgiving and predictable. The grip levels feel linear when pushed to the limit, they don't suddenly let go on you.

I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a budget tire for their Corvette.

Had both and currently running the BF Goodrich tires. As @EJChevy stated above the Firestone are very good tires and enjoyed the performance . Switched 2 years ago to the BF Goodrich to extend drive time due to the all season designation. I've been happy with them as well and they performed well on the track in Bowling Green as well. they are not a summer tire but for street use and spirited driving suit my purpose very well. Up to you what to choose but either is a good choice!

Thanks for the info guys. Well it will either be the firehawks or the bf Goodrich g force 2,s. that's what it has boiled down to so far.

I have the BFG G-forces as well on my 17" torque thrust II's on my 70 coupe, They have great handling and traction. Appear to be a quality mild performance tire at a decent price point.

I bought them for my 08 C6 Z06 when I acquired the car 2 yrs ago with only 10,000km. It still had tred on the OE Goodyear run flats but I figured those had aged and hardened out. The difference was huge in both ride and grip. I’m only using them as a street tire (I also have dedicated track wheels and tires).
I keep a bottle of tire inflator, mini-compressor and flat repair kit in the car...just in case.
EEB19A7A-6C19-42ED-B583-A625152D703F.jpeg
I think the Firestone’s are an incredible deal and recommend them highly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.